Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This numbers nightmare rears it's ugly head every year! But it's obvious certain riders are very attached to their numbers. With that in mind, I wanted to get a feel for who would definately want a reserved number - and by extention a confirmed rider:

So far we have:

Mark - #52
Vader - #3

How do we handle this on the board. Left it as it is with what Ive already put out there ie if you want a certain number you better be quick paying for it on the site?

Do we make representation to last years riders via email/pm to keep the fracas off the board and ask them if thwy want to reserve their number from last year. Im sure James691 will want 691 and winxp will be 16 again and sean 13 if theyre taking part? Any thoughts on how to handle this without a huge fracas?

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
This numbers nightmare rears it's ugly head every year! But it's obvious certain riders are very attached to their numbers. With that in mind, I wanted to get a feel for who would definately want a reserved number - and by extention a confirmed rider:

So far we have:

Mark - #52
Vader - #3

How do we handle this on the board. Left it as it is with what Ive already put out there ie if you want a certain number you better be quick paying for it on the site?

Do we make representation to last years riders via email/pm to keep the fracas off the board and ask them if thwy want to reserve their number from last year. Im sure James691 will want 691 and winxp will be 16 again and sean 13 if theyre taking part? Any thoughts on how to handle this without a huge fracas?
What we need is 30 riders to register and pay £22.00 each to secure the discount that EuroTunnel have offered, the money for the t-shirts and decals, (once we have agreed on the price), we can ask for later. If we said that by paying the £22.00 for your train ticket, that will also secure your running number you had last year.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
What we need is 30 riders to register and pay £22.00 each to secure the discount that EuroTunnel have offered, the money for the t-shirts and decals, (once we have agreed on the price), we can ask for later. If we said that by paying the £22.00 for your train ticket, that will also secure your running number you had last year.
but that goes against what we have said, paying for the decals confirms registration not paying for a train. Tom has basically told them this already, we can not change that now

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
but that goes against what we have said, paying for the decals confirms registration not paying for a train. Tom has basically told them this already, we can not change that now
Fair enough, so should we say, to register you need to buy the decals and pay for your train ticket, your probably looking at £35.00 ? I just don't want to lose the discount that Eurotunnel have offered us, its 50% off. I think if we could get the registration page up and running, then we might have an idea of numbers ? have you linked the Paypal account to Phil's TLD account ?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Fair enough, so should we say, to register you need to buy the decals and pay for your train ticket, your probably looking at £35.00 ? I just don't want to lose the discount that Eurotunnel have offered us, its 50% off. I think if we could get the registration page up and running, then we might have an idea of numbers ? have you linked the Paypal account to Phil's TLD account ?
Tom and I thought we might not have too, in the short term as most places expect payment via paypal. also we have heard anything from Phil, will need his to help during the linking/verifing process.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

So far we have:

Mark - #52
Vader - #3

I think we should just take the registrations as they come:D:D, so vader needs to be one of the first or he losses it, mark will be okay :thumbright:

I am sure James will the okay too :D

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
We have only had 10 people registed so far :confused:

I guess its to early for everyone, Most peeps will more than likely not know what they are upto in the next few months.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
We are starting to get alot of users registering on the website are a user (with the facebook link)

Currently 32 Users, but not registering as a rider :(

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
all numbers sorted

·
Registered
27 Posts
We have only had 10 people registed so far :confused:

I guess its to early for everyone, Most peeps will more than likely not know what they are upto in the next few months.
Is there a closing date for riders signing up ? maybe some incentive to those registering early and making the commitment might be an idea ? priority over limited number of tee shirts and such like ?

The bigger the rider list becomes, the more others are going to be attracted to sign up ....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts