Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
were did all my hair go?
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps , been a while since i last popped on. Been away to sunny side of dessert live for a short trip for work. Got back last night and as today is a bright sunny day i thought why not take the old AT out for a ride. Had the visor open as you do so the cool breaze can give me that soft kiss on my cheek. Should have kept my visor closed as i did not get kissed by the breeze but a wasp , bugger came in and stung me on my chin , damn thing looks like a spud.
So my top tip peeps is keep them shut you never know what might pop in to give you a peck or two haha

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
So did you win any thing in Vegas? or rayban's posing by the pool ?

·
Registered
773 Posts
One of my old climbing buddies is managing the new one at Coed y Brenin, I'm sure he could arrange a few discount vouchers if people were interested... could make a good day out.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Years ago I got stung under the eye by a wasp doing the same as you riding with the visor open.
It almost killed me as I had an allergic reaction to it.
So now I just make sure I do not go slow enough to get too hot.:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
One of my old climbing buddies is managing the new one at Coed y Brenin, I'm sure he could arrange a few discount vouchers if people were interested... could make a good day out.

Alistair they are ferkkkkkking brilliant :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah already been to the one at Cannock, CyB is sposed to be even better - we visited my bud in Dolgellau but didn't go on it last weekend. Here's Finn on the walkie talkie checking if all clear at Station 4 - I think they thought Jimi was on the helium again.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Was up Snowdon with the kids last weekend watching all the tourists going up the pyg track in flip flops when its covered in snow and Ice.:D:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Bring the little-un to the kids weekend and we can all go.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I was riding over the South Barrule on the Island a few years ago and a heather bee flew down my coat. I felt the buzzing but did'nt want the sting. I shot to a holt and stripped to the waist looking for the bee. Passers by must have thought I was mad but I didn't want the little blighter to get hold of me. On another occassion I had a wasp fly into the helmet (full face type) and that bugger had me three times around the eye. For summer I have an open face helmet, they don't get trapped quite so easily. Anyway saw a first this afternoon M40, outside lane, about 80mph on a Beemer Boxer a guy in a Turban. Try getting a wasp in that! Joking apart is it really wise? despite actually being legal.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Bring the little-un to the kids weekend and we can all go.
As Whealie says bring Finn To the kids weekend, He was only a baby last time you came. He seems to have grown a fair bit.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts