Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Hi everyone, still didn't introduce myself to the forum since this is my first time here.
I'm right now in the middle of rebuilding my rd07 from 95 and have been searching everywhere for the torque specifications for the side engines casing bolts (thank you Machiru for the 12Nm) and the clutch springs.
Have the owners manual and the Haynes workshop manual but can't find the information I need.

Can anyone please share with me the Honda Service Manual or tell me the right torque for the springs?

Thank you and tay safe in your worshop ?
Joao
for the 8mm head engine casing bolts i would go by feel i've stripped a few threads on other bikes trying to achieve the correct torque on these never had a problem doing it by feel

·
Registered
4 Posts
For future reference using the Haynes manual

Well... it seems that what I really needed was a lesson on how to read the Haynes manual!!!!
Got it this morning from a friend and after an hour around it looking for those numbers it seems I learn absolutely nothing.

Truly thank you Fred, highly apreciated the speed and help of your reply.

Wish you a nice sunday

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Well... it seems that what I really needed was a lesson on how to read the Haynes manual!!!!
Got it this morning from a friend and after an hour around it looking for those numbers it seems I learn absolutely nothing.

Truly thank you Fred, highly apreciated the speed and help of your reply.

Wish you a nice sunday
No problem, it takes a while to work things out. They word things different to what you would normally call things in the manual like the bolts for the clutch springs, they call the clutch release plate bolts. If you haven't been through the manual before you wouldn't know that, just got to read the bits about what your working on thoroughly to familiarise yourself with the terminology (y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts