Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone - a member of the ICT wanted to touch base with me, to do a bit of blue sky thinking around a complicated discharge that needs funding. She apparently also found a window in my calendar for a BM slot to discuss the added value we want delivered.

I'm not sure, but I think I've got a meeting next Tuesday at 8am. :homework:

Does this bullox happen anywhere else apart from health and social services? :confused:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
We must do lunch. I'll get my man to phone your man and organise a diary interface.

I work sat here next to the good lady wife. All I get is "Go and put the bloody kettle on," then "Go and make the dinner."

Which reminds me... I'd better go an put the kettle on.:D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
It's even worse here at the council!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I know her ! Funded Ford Fiesta,hoping soon for a Focus. Iphone, Laptop, Seminar display stand. A life around weekend "motivational" conferences at Premier travel Inn's. Sick she missed the Filofax years but she's got one now just incase they come back ! :rolleyes: Is that her ?

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know her ! Funded Ford Fiesta,hoping soon for a Focus. Iphone, Laptop, Seminar display stand. A life around weekend conferences at Premier travel Inn's. Sick she missed the Filofax years but she's got one now just incase they come back ! :rolleyes: Is that her ?
:D Brillant :D

Yup - that's her :D

Well, I think that's her. In fairness, they are indistinguishable from one another in their natural environment.

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Sounds like the missus is also having one of those days

The day is great ! working a long day ! but the good news is ***** will be back in tomorrow. I have just asked for my staff nurse post to be rerun on the *** jobs website and have been told by HR that all reruns have to go through the approval process that can take up to 3 weeks!

?????? has just told be I cannot order any more gloves, (£1.50 a box) as 4 boxes will be enough for 3 weeks!

Better make sure dinner is ready for when she gets in :confused:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
You gotta learn the lingo if you want to leverage your competitive advantage, mate.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I once worked for an examinations board that said after passing their exams you could "follow a pathway to employment".

I did check. They did mean "get a job".

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
it makes me laugh really because its all a load of old bollox. I was sat on the tube heading back to collect my pick up from Silvertown listening to a woman talking to someone - she was coming out with evey buzz word/phrase in the world then she was talking about how much she got paid. I nearly p1ssed myself laughing. a thick construction wallah and i was earning over twice what she was. people really need to go back to plain English and say what they mean....

almost as bad as people posting in text speak and accents really.....

oh, and I'm grumpy tonight just in case you hadnt noticed.......

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I had one of those on the bus the other night. So stuck up they got everything they were saying wrong.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
A few weeks ago I was at an informal coffee morning thing with our chief exec and about 20 others. One of the questions he asked was did we all know what other people around us did. The answer was a resounding no!

I said it was because of stupid soppy job titles that bear no resemblance to the actual duties of that person. For instance, when I started work there, street inspectors inspected streets, street lighting engineers put in and maintained street lights, dustmen took away the rubbish, park wardens looked after the parks, the Borough Engineer was in charge of the engineers.

Just been anounced that the following job vacancy has been filled.

Divisional Manager of Performance, Improvement and Engagement

I wonder what'll happen at her first informal coffee morning when she asks if anyone has any questions and I ask for the best way to propose and some honeymoon advice?

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
it makes me laugh really because its all a load of old bollox. I was sat on the tube heading back to collect my pick up from Silvertown listening to a woman talking to someone - she was coming out with evey buzz word/phrase in the world then she was talking about how much she got paid. I nearly p1ssed myself laughing. a thick construction wallah and i was earning over twice what she was. people really need to go back to plain English and say what they mean....

almost as bad as people posting in text speak and accents really.....

oh, and I'm grumpy tonight just in case you hadnt noticed.......
duly noticed!!

And I hear ya! I get a lot of that and take great pleasure in 'derailing' peoples self obsessed deluded ideas of grandure' whilst they are sat in somewhere like pizza express in their best glad rags sipping cheap wine and eating pizza with a knife and fork! I like to go in in my work scruffs, sit down and eat it properly with me mitts whilst watching the disapproving looks. Makes the staff chuckle as they are on the same wavelength and give me exceptional table service with a grin!!

'It's a bloomin pizza takeaway that you can sit down in if you have time' for cryin out loud!! :rolleyes::D:D:D

'Up the lowly construction grunts bro (and other well paid scruffy oiks)!!'
:D:D:D

'where there's muck, there be money!!' :thumbleft:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts