Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meesh and I have booked our ferry crossing (Dover-Calais Saturday 2nd June, returning the same route the following Saturday) but haven't yet made any firm plans about where to go. Gorges d'Ardeche maybe, the Dordogne perhaps? Scenic routes wherever we decide, anyhow!

Anyone interested in joining us for all or some of our trip?

For an idea of what happens on these trips, there are ride reports from 2011 and 2009.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
you're not at home in france 2nd-9th April by chance? know any good campsites near Rouen?

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you're not at home in france 2nd-9th April by chance? know any good campsites near Rouen?
As chance would have it... You have a PM.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
what a shame....I will be camping in France, near Paris during the same week but on four wheels and the rest of the tribe on tow......I will keep an eye out for a Tiger with a "fast asleep" pillion on the back :):D

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
As you know James, I am always keen to see France!! :)

YHM!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi
On 2nd of June I will be riding for 5 night and 6 days in Europe through Black Forest (Germany) then Switzerland (Constance) then Italy (Stevios Pass), all this is accompanied by camping.
It will be hard but worthwhile.
Anyone going in same way?

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Hi
On 2nd of June I will be riding for 5 night and 6 days in Europe through Black Forest (Germany) then Switzerland (Constance) then Italy (Stevios Pass), all this is accompanied by camping.
It will be hard but worthwhile.
Anyone going in same way?
Take the Airhawk!! :)

I've done some/many of the routes you will be following in June. So just ENJOY!! Gotta admit the Dolomites really do it for me ....

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
lookin' good... :)

Dates pencilled in and agreed with the Mem Sahib.

Not a clue what I will be on yet mind! Had a sit on a 1200GS and GS800, both too cramped for me knees without spending bucks on footrest kits and stuff, Trumpet Exp too much dosh and Tiger too cramped. New Honda Integra like hens teeth so haven't sat on one as yet, new 700x too small. Pondered a cruiser type bike but not convinced by the wheelbase and low ground clearance. I can see a Honda C90 may be the way to go.... ;) Will go and see what the dealers have next weekend....

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Route pretty much sorted, ferries booked and paid for. So far there are only two of us in the frame, though. It would be good to have more for company, so is anyone else interested?

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Route pretty much sorted, ferries booked and paid for. So far there are only two of us in the frame, though. It would be good to have more for company, so is anyone else interested?
In case anyone is keen, but wary of tagging along with someone on a C90, it's OK, I will be mounted on something a little..... quicker. But not too quick ;)

Just look outside the window and see the hail and rain, then think France, quiet roads, sunshine, mountain roads, sunshine, good company, sunshine!!!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Tickets booked, but oooh, P&O are thieving swine, over twice DFDS prices! So for the sake of 30mins, ride down to Calais, I'll save 85 quid.... guess which I chose?? :D

Bike will all be sorted by the 19th. Yee Haa!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My usual buddies are not planning a trip this year and I can't seem to talk my girlfriend round either, so I would be very keen to come along for the week, pretty please!

Just seen the route plan & am impressed. I rode up through that area last year on the fast roads and wished I'd had more time to explore.

As you're in Norfolk, maybe we could meet-up for a chat? I'm just south of Fakenham.

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've finally got around to starting a ride report.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts