Honda XRV Forum banner

Tourance - big and butch ?

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  gibbo 
G
#1 ·
Howdy all.

At the moment I've got Trailwings on, the back is fine and good for yonks, but I suspect the front is still the original as it's well shagged. As a replacement I've finally just received my Tourances which I'd ordered several weeks ago. The thing is, I'd kinda expected these to be road tyres, as in semi-slick, but they've turned out to be big knobbly things with, erm, knobs on.

That's well cool, but now I'm wondering just how off-roady capable they are seeing as they've got the look ? Would they be up to a bit of beach-blasting, or wobbling down muddy trails ? I know it's mostly down to the rider, in which case my particular AT should stay in the shed, but am curious as to opinions?

Slainte!
Paddy.

G
#3 ·
Sweet. They sound like a good compromise to me then, mainly since I got the AT to do a bit of overlanding, i.e. Morocco, Turkey, India, etc, where I would expect gravel and hard-packed earth to be the most common surface after tarmac.

#7 ·
Hang on - For an overland trip taking in places like Turkey, India, Pakistan etc, I would absolutely use tourance over TKC80's. You will get much more mileage out of them and they are fine for 99% of the terrain you will cross.The only reason I am using them in Morocco is that I intend to do a bit more off-road / gravel riding than usual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.