Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread title says , I know some folks on here just hate doing business with Touratech , but I rate Touratech and have now kitted out my last 3 bikes with Touratech "stuff" - OK so some of it carries over from bike to bike - like the Zega boxes - but crash bars and pannier rails are unique to each bike.

Yesterday blew a "hoolie" up this way - ferries cancelled - island in lock down mode , so I took the chance to lose myself in the shed with the radio and the spanners and fitted the TT crashbars to the 700.

I've fitted TT crashbars to my TA650 , KTM990 and now the TA700 and I have to say the ones on the 700 are really good , very slick design and well made.

A fun day, with German fitting instructions (and I can't even speak english right) trying to follow the few pictures, but fairly straightforward.

As always Touratech gets my vote for quality.:thumbright:

But , if my chums at Rugged Roads were to start doing some TA700 gear ????:toothy7::blob5:

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Hi jack

Glad you had a good experience with them .. I must say that the kit is good (as I have several of their products on my bike) but not purchased from them , but secondhand.

If they would just improve their customer service , I would be happy to deal with them again..

How is their stocks of 700 bits , did you have to wait long . how was the customer service.

Maybe they are learning .. ;)

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
As the thread title says , I know some folks on here just hate doing business with Touratech , but I rate Touratech and have now kitted out my last 3 bikes with Touratech "stuff" - OK so some of it carries over from bike to bike - like the Zega boxes - but crash bars and pannier rails are unique to each bike.

Yesterday blew a "hoolie" up this way - ferries cancelled - island in lock down mode , so I took the chance to lose myself in the shed with the radio and the spanners and fitted the TT crashbars to the 700.

I've fitted TT crashbars to my TA650 , KTM990 and now the TA700 and I have to say the ones on the 700 are really good , very slick design and well made.

A fun day, with German fitting instructions (and I can't even speak english right) trying to follow the few pictures, but fairly straightforward.

As always Touratech gets my vote for quality.:thumbright:

But , if my chums at Rugged Roads were to start doing some TA700 gear ????:toothy7::blob5:

wont be long mate fancy a weekend at the sasquatch palace ?:D

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
I only had to rely once on the service of touratech and they really scored some points there. Needed the footpegs for my 650 within 2 working days for an offroad event... emailed them seperately and I had them a day later. :thumb:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I do have some TT stuff on my 700.

ABS protectors front/back ,small engine guard ,chain guard and foldable gearlever.

Okay there not the cheapest nor fastest but its high quality and looks good aswell.

Enjoy

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
They do make some nice kit, I have a couple of bits of theirs on my 650. Bought secondhand from this forum.
I think the main gripe is they are expensive, trading on the fact that they were used by those two on TV.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Must admit i am looking at the touratech crash-bars though i think its abit of a con having to then buy the extension bit on top.Dont mind paying a little extra for quality but their prices are high

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
Touratech do make some good looking, good quality stuff, but the customer service is a complete joke, and at least 1 member of staff is a rude, arrogant prick :(.

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
hmmm :rolleyes: German support...

ok I am German.... preparing for my internship I was reading some little book about making business phone calls. In there it explains some british habits... my first thought was: Man, must you guys think I am rude....
If I ever seem to be rude to you on here... it is probably not on purpose... :D

Maybe the guys at touratech arent really that rude but plainly German and they dont know it any other way. Ok even for German standards I know plenty of support people who are really rude.... so cant tell which one it was in your cases...

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
hmmm :rolleyes: German support...

ok I am German.... preparing for my internship I was reading some little book about making business phone calls. In there it explains some british habits... my first thought was: Man, must you guys think I am rude....
If I ever seem to be rude to you on here... it is probably not on purpose... :D

Maybe the guys at touratech arent really that rude but plainly German and they dont know it any other way. Ok even for German standards I know plenty of support people who are really rude.... so cant tell which one it was in your cases...
Trouble is I was dealing with touratech UK . based in England.. and there staff are all british ,, ...

:hitler:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Trouble is I was dealing with touratech UK . based in England.. and there staff are all british ,, ...

:hitler:
They may be British, but are they Human?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes - they can be a pain but at the end of the day my view is that the kits worth waiting for. I've the crash bars on the 700 (along with a few other bits) and they are excellent. The people at TT have always been good to deal with, and certainly keeping you updated on any long lead item progress has been much better than in the past (when it was abismal). I kitted my 650 alp with TT kit , and it was excellent, so the 700 has followed ! There's just too many toys to but and not enough cash ! I've complained about the sheets in German many times, and even when they inclyde English they have a few comments (uaually"ensure all is tightebed after 50km"). Easy way is download the doc from tehir site, and translate it in Babelfish (http://babelfish.yahoo.com/). Its worth it for the giggle if nothing else !

Iain Nic

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
good point there.... didnt know they had one... but well, never had the need to check.. :rolleyes:

ha bloody rude brits then! :D

*ducks and runs off*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts