Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ats going down to this tomorrow? Good range of talks and some good roads. I will be there - I will pop my name on the bike if anyone else us there it would be good to do the same - you know put a name to a bike!

Check out their website otherwise 10am first talk - venue Ystradgynlais and for the English readers it's yes you guessed Ystradgynlais pronounced as Ustradgunlice

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went today - bit disorganised with many of the speakers not there. Not as good as the first ever one they did. Last years wasn't brilliant either - not worth traveling far for.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I was there today between 11.30 and 12.30,

Total Rubbish won't be going again, the first one was much better.

There prices are extorsionate

·
Tea boy
121 Posts
I was there today, rode down from Newtown and arrived around 2.30, I saw 2 @t's and only one rider. I stayed for 2 hours, I'm not not sure why it took me 2 hours to realize it was crap, but then I made my way home. First one in Sept 08 was not bad, I thought it looked like an up and coming annual meeting place. But sadly NO.
I won't be putting it on my calendar again. The prices are just simply outrageous, the only Touratech stuff on my @t would be second hand from flebay.
It, could have been a lot better if the entire XRV site turned up, and out numbered the BM's
Bob

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a shame - I agree the first was good the second not good the Ted Simon evening talk good but this current event a real let down on all fro ts - amatuerish organisation laid back to the extreme and not worth the £15 I paid - event the free book was a hard back " Long Way Down"!!! Like I need that one of all books.

I won't be going again. What was intersting to note was that while there were lots of BMWs there they all seemed to be going on ride outs - I don't understand that - ride to Wales pay money miss the talks and spend the day riding over the mountain to one of my local cafes - ha ha

I did see one other at with Givi luggage - who was that? Mine was parked neat the shop entrace with the Stalkoffers

·
Tea boy
121 Posts
I decided to go for the day and not pay the £15, after all this is an industrial estate. I did not want anything from any shop, nor did I want anything like a LWD book. I went to see the @t's and the riders. I don't know when you left angelo, but I did miss one rider who was just coming back as I was leaving around 4 pm, we flashed lights and went on our way. Where in west Wales are you, I am near Welshpool.
Bob

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
only ent for the day as well but got there at 9am and didn't leave until 6.30pm - went to 5 talks so got my moneys worth in the end.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Angelo

If it was a rwb @ with givi panniers and Honda top box parked close to the shop around midday?
It was mine,
I seen 2 other @ a red P reg one over by the camping area, (spoke to the owner from manchester) and a rwb 51 plate arriving just as I was leaving.

TB

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I was parked up about 20 bikes up just past the shop door - I saw you come in but was nattering with some guys when I looked again you had locked up and gone walkabout I suspect. Mine was a black and gold with black baglux and black pannier boxes and top box.

You looked as though you had some serious luggage capacity!

I looked through the Touratech catalogue and they no longer cater for the Africa Twin. Perhaps it's no bad thing given what they charge.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah of course I forgot and didn't pick up one of those - what I would want one for I don't know - although I would like one of those metal grill headlight guards - out with the welder methinks

·
Registered
894 Posts
Well I was parked up about 20 bikes up just past the shop door - I saw you come in but was nattering with some guys when I looked again you had locked up and gone walkabout I suspect. Mine was a black and gold with black baglux and black pannier boxes and top box.

You looked as though you had some serious luggage capacity!

I looked through the Touratech catalogue and they no longer cater for the Africa Twin. Perhaps it's no bad thing given what they charge.
126 ltrs plus tank bag :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts