Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right , the company i work for has recently aquired a metal fabrication company. I was there today and raised the subject of having Alu` cases made and the Boss assures me they can make "Anything ".
So as touratech want silly money for a relatively simple piece of engineering i will get a price for having some made, if it is viable i will have a set made and let people know the cost. the only profit will be to the manufacturer so no middle men .
But , i need someone to send me quite detailed specs of the Zegas , Photos and drawings etc along with any written additional observations?
Could we make them slightly different and save cost ? What do you think? Let me know .
Cie , you are pretty close and have a set , perhaps i could nip over and take a look sometime ?
It may prove a blind Alley , but then again maybe not !
Both the 41L and the 35L if possible ?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Sure Peter, give me some days/times when you fancy a trip over, you bring the gear for your measurements and I'll provide the brews :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks , Any weekend , i can fit in around you ? Just bring my camera and a rule and thats it . Its just the position of welds etc hinges and how the top fits which i need really plus any features to add rigidity it may have . This company has all the gear to roll /press the shape no problem.

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Peter, You know what would be really good ?? an aluminium top box like the Touratech ones , but that fits on to a standard Honda rack. The problem with the touratech jobs is , that they don't do rack/adaptors for every bike. So in my case - I've got nice Touratech ali boxes on the side and Honda plastic top box on the rack. Would like to complete the "enhanced enduro look" with an ali top box as well - the big one that takes two helmets. Mind you the tranny would look like a pickfords truck from behind !!!!

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
I will be interested unless the temptation defeats me and I succumb to 500+ poundsworth of Touratech panniers. Whatever you do make the cases dead strong. I like the Alpos cases and they are bit cheaper, but then they look it as well coz they look flimsy.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
This is cool
got the nobbly tyres need the alu boxes
certainly would be interested :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts