Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here. A friend told me about this forum.

I've just got off the ferry from a 1700 mile trek to the Swiss Alps via the Black Forest. Another excellent trip under my belt.

This year we stopped off at the Touratech factory in the Black Forest, what a wonderful place that is. I can heartily recomend it.

However, their gear is quite pricy. Does anyone know of anyone selling simillar gear at more reasonable prices? Maybe somewhere that understands that it isn't only BMW riders that want this kind of thing!!!

I am considering making some of the gear myself if i can't find it anywhere for less. Sump guard and other protective items.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that link, I had a look but they don't have a lot for the Varadero, is there anywhere else?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll do that. Maybe if he reads this thread he can drop me a line. How do I find him otherwise?

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
there isnt much out there for the varadero!
apart from the few overpriced touratech parts, someone makes or used to make a decent sump guard (african queens? rugged roads?) and you can get a few makes of crash bar that have varying levels of practicality and good looks, but thats about it i think.
probably a mix of the varadero already being bloody good and not being a bike folks take overlanding much.

good job its fun to make your own stuff.......

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Hi all, I'm new here. A friend told me about this forum.

I've just got off the ferry from a 1700 mile trek to the Swiss Alps via the Black Forest. Another excellent trip under my belt.

This year we stopped off at the Touratech factory in the Black Forest, what a wonderful place that is. I can heartily recomend it.

However, their gear is quite pricy. Does anyone know of anyone selling simillar gear at more reasonable prices? Maybe somewhere that understands that it isn't only BMW riders that want this kind of thing!!!

I am considering making some of the gear myself if i can't find it anywhere for less. Sump guard and other protective items.
hi fella it sounds like you had a great trip:thumbup:

as of this moment we dont really have anything for the varadero, we hope to in the future ,but being a fledgling company we are are having to resort to aiming our products at the bulk of the market , as soon as we start R+D on the vara we will put out a call for one to be measured up :thumbup:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Chad,

Thanks it was another great trip.

I'll keep an eye on things, good luck.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Apart from the AT sump guard this is the best I have seen

Available from Grave.cz a Chech firm I tried in vain to order to order some crashbars but I know I few have been in contact successfully

I fitted a AT guard in the end but mainly for looks its difficult finding mounting points strong enough to take a a bash heres a few more pics from grave.cz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts