Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a camping chair to fit on the bike, smaill, light fold away, so just for a laugh I had a look at what that company in Wales was selling, here is there offer

Touratech UK Webshop

I thought £90.00 they are having a laugh, so I did a futher search and found this

Three leg adjustable photographers stool from Walkstool

Do people actually spend £36.00 more a camping seat than necessary ?

I am buying neither and settled for £5.00 one off ebay :confused:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
But the Touratech one will be branded and take 4 months to come and will be the wrong colour. ASDA out door garden furniture I buy my camping kit Its cheap and you dont mind burning it when it fails.:D

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the Touratech one will be branded and take 4 months to come and will be the wrong colour. ASDA out door garden furniture I buy my camping kit Its cheap and you dont mind burning it when it fails.:D
:laughing8::laughing2::laughing6:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I was looking for a camping chair to fit on the bike, smaill, light fold away, so just for a laugh I had a look at what that company in Wales was selling, here is there offer

Touratech UK Webshop

I thought £90.00 they are having a laugh, so I did a futher search and found this

Three leg adjustable photographers stool from Walkstool

Do people actually spend £36.00 more a camping seat than necessary ?

I am buying neither and settled for £5.00 one off ebay :confused:
Some of the touratech equiptment is realy well designed and thought about the rest is rebranded overpriced crap that will hardly ever reach you in my experience

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of the touratech equiptment is realy well designed and thought about the rest is rebranded overpriced crap that will hardly ever reach you in my experience
Agreed but these weren't rebranded, if you consider the cheaper company is still making a profit on selling the item for £36.00 less than the other company, you gotta ask yourself ? but then I suppose the peeps that buy this stuff from the Welsh company don't really give a ****e how much it costs as long as it's in a Toutatwat wrapper :confused:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
surely thats a typo and it should be £9.72? ive sent this email to TT so they can correct it;

hi, ive found a typo in your catalogue, youve got a folding stool for £90.72 instead of £9.72 hahaha!!!!! stuff like that could put people off....
Telescopic aluminium camping seat Walkstool 55 cm high
01-070-0192-0

sadly knowing TT i dont actually believe that it is a typo........

i paid £3.99 for one of these style stools years ago, when it bust last year i went upmarket and bought an armchair type for a fiver in tesco, that fits in my tentbag with the tent a treat.
£90 is a criminal joke, who will buy it? this is a product that will only be supplied free to TV personalities who want to go round the world on BMWs carrying 500kgs too much gear.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I think it has something to do with the wannabees.
How many people have bought the BMW1200 because of the LWR and LWD programs.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
I think it has something to do with the wannabees.
How many people have bought the BMW1200 because of the LWR and LWD programs.

Cooooo Stumpy, harsh words I dont think anyone would have done that :color:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
You'd be terrified to leave it in your tent if you went for a walk. I'd need better insurance than I have for my house contents!

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
You'd be terrified to leave it in your tent if you went for a walk. I'd need better insurance than I have for my house contents!
it costs more than my tent!

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
:shock:

And here I was thinking 90 quid that's 100 euro, that's half the price of a zega pannier for a bloody camp stool.

Turns out they've got the exchange rate backwards. That same stool is 82 euro here in cloggistan. Which is still an insane amount for three bits of glorified metal pipe.

I thought you Brits got things cheaper, that was certainly true for the Tour-X3 I got over there at half price including shipping...

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
nothing is cheap any more

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
nothing is cheap any more
Well, that Arai was fairly nice. 300 quid + 20 delivery instead of 700 euro over here, yessir I liked that... :blob8:

For cheap camping gear like folding chairs and tarps and whatnot, I can recommend Decathlon. Seems to be decent kit for entirely reasonable prices.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I can imagine getting an insurance quote for your contents.
"Can I have my camping kit added to the insurance?"
" Yes sir we can do that for £10, anything else?"
"I have a Touratech Stool"
"Oh that will add another £100 to the cost"

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Well, that Arai was fairly nice. 300 quid + 20 delivery instead of 700 euro over here, yessir I liked that... :blob8:
jesus, im in amsterdam in a couple of months, i hope your beer isnt 233% more than here too?

THESE are 2 for £5 in store at Go Outdoors at the minute.

I've had a couple for years and it either goes across the seat or gets strapped to the pannier top.
looks exactly what i had, didnt find it particularly comfortable (better than the ground though) and with a long tent across the back anyway it was no problem with a larger armchair type thing, with the beer holders as boris describes

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Why have a stool. For the same price,£7 , you can have a chair with a back from Asdas. Fits on the top of the panniers with no probs.

Signed

Ewan and charley wannabe :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts