Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone up for a days trail riding next weekend, Saturday 3rd or Sunday 4th July? I'm flexible on days.

Either North Wales or the Peak District?

Ive done a few trails in North Wales, from Llangollen (including the Wayfarer) through to Betws-y-Coed so I'd be happy to lead the route....some fantastic tracks to go on.

..........or the Peak district, only done 1 trail here (near the Cat and Fiddle) but would be happy to lead the route (using a marked up map from the Trailwise website)!!!! unless of course someone is more familiar with the area and wants to lead the way.

Come on, save me from myself. I know Ive said in the past I wont be going solo again but its been too long since I've been on the trails. Save me from myself!!!!! Im up for it even if I have to go out alone (with my winch for company)

I will be going on my @......but any trail bike's welcome :thumbright::thumbright:

·
Crumbs, Chief !
168 Posts
Surely not just me again ? This will be about the 5th time we've been out without a responsible adult now... :sad3:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'd love to, But I'm away this weekend!

Maybe next time?

·
Registered
924 Posts
id love to come mate, but its my birthday this weekend... and my stag do.... im guessing it might be a rough weekend

:cheers::happy10::toothy7::wav::glasses7::eek:ccasion4::eek:ccasion5::eek:ccasion9:

followed by

:confused::(:sad6::sad1::puke::tard::pukeleft::sad5::sleepy1::confused2::sleepy2::tongue3:

have a good ride though fella's :thumbright:

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id love to come mate, but its my birthday this weekend... and my stag do.... im guessing it might be a rough weekend
Have a good one Chris,:thumbright: where are you having your stag night?....ahhhhh, brings back memories from mine. 4 days in Amsterdam...Great days. Still dont know how I managed to swing it with the missus.....or the stag night reunion back in Amsterdam a year later. Must get round to another reunion. Coming up to 12 years next month. Maybe someone needs to plan an XRV ride out to Amsterdam?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Unfortunately I have knackered both my achilles tendons in an "i think I'll go running three times in one week after not breaking sweat for 5 years" kind of way. I'm still hobbling around sounding like a pill box 10 days later (see username).

Just hoping things improve in time for the HUMM, but sorry can't make it out this weekend.:(

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Unfortunately I have knackered both my achilles tendons in an "i think I'll go running three times in one week after not breaking sweat for 5 years" kind of way. I'm still hobbling around sounding like a pill box 10 days later (see username).

Just hoping things improve in time for the HUMM, but sorry can't make it out this weekend.:(
Get well soon Alistair, take care m8

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE : Will now be North Wales. So far its just me and XT6. We are setting off at 07:30 and heading for some tracks around Mold, before heading South towards Betws-y-Coed where there are more tracks. Then heading East along more tracks until we get to the Wayfarer. Then home mid afternoon.

Obviously this could change.

Any more takers? For those that cant make it, theres always next time. I will try and organise something with more than a weeks notice next time (maybe).

Been great fun the last few times me and XT have been out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Tendays, what are you doing?? Physical exercise was never part of our training regime! I've been on a busy schedule of Guinness (in Ireland) and Stella's in preparation.

I'm working on the principle that extra brain cells will only slow you down. :D

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Is anyone up for a days trail riding next weekend, Saturday 3rd or Sunday 4th July? I'm flexible on days.

Either North Wales or the Peak District?
Would like to have a tootle out and have a meetup.

The issue is whether SWMBO is back from taking No1 sprog around Uni's in time. Sat is a no-no, Sun is a bit more of a likelihood ;)

Will PM you a bit nearer the day and see what is happening.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
UPDATE : Will now be North Wales. So far its just me and XT6. We are setting off at 07:30 and heading for some tracks around Mold, before heading South towards Betws-y-Coed where there are more tracks. Then heading East along more tracks until we get to the Wayfarer. Then home mid afternoon.

Obviously this could change.

Any more takers? For those that cant make it, theres always next time. I will try and organise something with more than a weeks notice next time (maybe).

Been great fun the last few times me and XT have been out.
Have the crashbars on the @ as of the morrow but Tyres are scorpion st so don't think they will cope too well. Next time maybe if you are in the peaks

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
7.30?????????? Garn, you must be mad!! :)

I was rarely even up at that time when I was trail riding in mah yoof!

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
next time you are in the peaks give me a shout!

sunday is normally a good day for me.

i will be on the the big bag'a XR6 :p

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Would like to have a tootle out and have a meetup.

The issue is whether SWMBO is back from taking No1 sprog around Uni's in time. Sat is a no-no, Sun is a bit more of a likelihood ;)

Will PM you a bit nearer the day and see what is happening.
RATS. My SO is going off to Newcastle (wah hay Mon) on Friday eve and will not be back until Sun pm so no riding for this boy this w/e :(

Have fun lads.

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is this Saturday or Sunday?

I may be in a position to catch this one! I'll know by about 8-00pm Friday. From reading reports you folks have just the right sort of ride-outs!

If I'm free, I'll spin up from here, where is the meeting point? I'll need to get my timings right!
Hello Mudwiz,

its going to be Saturday. We are meeting at 07:30 J12 M56 (me and Xt6 live close to the M56). Route still to be decided for definate, but if you are coming, lets say leaving Llangollen at 08:30 and doing a few trails before hitting the Wayfarer. Then West hitting a lot more trails until we reach Betws-y-Coed. Depending on time, there are a few more trails to hit on the way back (heading North East from Betws-y-Coed).

I monitor this site regularry so if you decided to come if you can let me know by 22:00 this evening. PM your number and I'll give you a call if you like.

thanks
Mike

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is this Saturday or Sunday?

I may be in a position to catch this one! I'll know by about 8-00pm Friday. From reading reports you folks have just the right sort of ride-outs!

If I'm free, I'll spin up from here, where is the meeting point? I'll need to get my timings right!
Hello Mudwiz,

got your PM, dont know if you got mine in return as I cant see it in my sent items. Anyway, feel free to camp out at mine, I live 5 mins from J11 M56 if you come up tonight. Will call you later tonight.

We live about a 45 min ride from Llangollen which we do at a steady 70mph, but happy to slow down to whatever your MX tyres will cope with. Off road, me and XT are slow and steady, but dont feel you have to stick with us slowies!!! There plenty of trail to blast up and down until we catch up. There are some road sections between the trails but not far, and mostly B roads.

I have to admit the trails are pretty good and possible to do on big trail bikes like the @ and XT (there is one section we will probably hit tomorrow where it may need some help getting the bigger bikes up, but the trail beyond is worth it (Ive only done it in reverse)). Coming down there is some 45 degree slabs of rock that I noted may be tricky in the wet, will see what conditions are like in the morning. Theres always other ways round these obstacles if it doesnt look do'able on the bigger bikes.

thanks
Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts