Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I can ride all day.
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Any one have advice on trail riding in Wales. I have a few spare days in late August and would like to put my xr in my van and head off. I don't want to book a guide as I really am of the gentle pace and have heard story's of guides and groups going flat out. Just want to know my way around and where to head to. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hi Wayne, me and my mate had a great day out riding with a guide from trail ride wales Trail Riding in Mid Wales
we took our own bikes i've got a dr350 and my mate was on an old nail of a xr250,
we weren't part of a group it was just the 2 of us and the guide , we rode at our own pace,and we're no enduro racers, the guide would lead us to a trail and show us where to go and would follow behind us,

if you fancy giving the guided trail riding a go i'd be more than happy to join you, my dr350 doesn't get out anywhere near often enough

Nick

·
I can ride all day.
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Wayne, me and my mate had a great day out riding with a guide from trail ride wales Trail Riding in Mid Wales
we took our own bikes i've got a dr350 and my mate was on an old nail of a xr250,
we weren't part of a group it was just the 2 of us and the guide , we rode at our own pace,and we're no enduro racers, the guide would lead us to a trail and show us where to go and would follow behind us,

if you fancy giving the guided trail riding a go i'd be more than happy to join you, my dr350 doesn't get out anywhere near often enough

Nick
Hi nick. Thanks for reply. I would really interested in going with you. If the logistics worked out. Would we still need a guide or do you know where to head. I'm off the last week in August and was looking at a couple of days riding. I'm flexible with days at the mo as I've nothing booked for that week

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hi Wayne, I'm pretty flexible with dates, so pick a time that suits you and we'll check availability with trail ride wales,
we would require a guide, i know a couple of trails but without a guide tend to spend much more time reading maps than riding,
the guide took us places that we never would have found otherwise

·
I can ride all day.
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Wayne, I'm pretty flexible with dates, so pick a time that suits you and we'll check availability with trail ride wales,
we would require a guide, i know a couple of trails but without a guide tend to spend much more time reading maps than riding,
the guide took us places that we never would have found otherwise
I would prefer week days. Most likely towards end of week due to the bank holiday Monday. If you would like to check I can work with that.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Have contacted Trail ride Wales and they had wed 30th and thurs 31st August available so have asked them to pencil us in for those dates

·
I can ride all day.
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have contacted Trail ride Wales and they had wed 30th and thurs 31st August available so have asked them to pencil us in for those dates
Great thanks nick. What's the next course of actions. Do I need to contact them with my details.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Great thanks nick. What's the next course of actions. Do I need to contact them with my details.

i'll let you know, last timei just reserved the day as i have just done, and didnt pay anything up front just paid them on the day after we'd been out riding

·
Registered
175 Posts
I went exploring using a mish mash of trails from everytrail.com... I did most of them and uploaded back to the site
we did them at our own pace, their were mountain trails, with some road bits inbetween..

some trails were bicycle only, so we would just go around them, and pick the trail up later.. but some excellent routes

this is the easiest way I can show them all

https://www.alltrails.com/members/iain-butterfield/activity

and you can download each section as a GPX and import to your GPS

we did them the first time GS1200's.. too feckin heavy.. but went back on DRZ400's,..... and had a great laugh on lighter bikes..lovely trails to ride.. nothing to hard core for any bike..

they look like this...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts