Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just looking through some threads and saw one which mentioned a site called trailwise, I,ve never used this site and was wondering what it was like and just how usefull it is at finding trails etc.
I,ve had a quick look and before I register I would like to know just how good a site it is.
Cheers guys.

·
Do u want spam with that?
68 Posts
Trailwise is good, if you join the TRF you get full access. IMHO the TRF do an excellent job and if you ride the green lanes it is well worth supporting them.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hi guys, just looking through some threads and saw one which mentioned a site called trailwise, I,ve never used this site and was wondering what it was like and just how usefull it is at finding trails etc.
I,ve had a quick look and before I register I would like to know just how good a site it is.
Cheers guys.

Man up please!!!!!!!!!............. All the holiday makers have now gone home the weathers turning ****e and wet so the dog walkers aren't out as much as they were in the summer just go ride the lanes:thumbright::thumbright:. The closest TRF to you and me is Bodmin and i cant be bothered to ride 30 miles for an evening meeting and a ride now and again

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HAHAHA, MAN UP indeed, I hear what you are saying there, I was a member of the Cornish TRF and then Joined the KTRC, but havnt been out riding with either for ages, I logged quite a few trails on my trusty gps when I was riding with them and use them now, but Ive heard that the KTRC are abit wild on the trails now with large groups as well, and I may be stereo typing the TRF here but I,m now more into the gentle days riding with some good challenging trails, so I,m gonna go and rejoin the TRF, as for the meetings yeah they are abit of a distance to travel to so might not be attending every one of them, but they are the guys in the know when it comes to the right of ways.
I know the KTRC also share the knowledge but I,m not into the balls out riding anymore. Sorry to any KTRC members if I have this wrong, its just what Ive heard on this site and elsewhere.
If the KTRC still do nice gentle rides hell I,ll rejoin them aswell, every bit of support counts you know. And then I,ll get the best of both sets of knowledge to enjoy.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
HAHAHA, MAN UP indeed, I hear what you are saying there, I was a member of the Cornish TRF and then Joined the KTRC, but havnt been out riding with either for ages, I logged quite a few trails on my trusty gps when I was riding with them and use them now, but Ive heard that the KTRC are abit wild on the trails now with large groups as well, and I may be stereo typing the TRF here but I,m now more into the gentle days riding with some good challenging trails, so I,m gonna go and rejoin the TRF, as for the meetings yeah they are abit of a distance to travel to so might not be attending every one of them, but they are the guys in the know when it comes to the right of ways.
I know the KTRC also share the knowledge but I,m not into the balls out riding anymore. Sorry to any KTRC members if I have this wrong, its just what Ive heard on this site and elsewhere.
If the KTRC still do nice gentle rides hell I,ll rejoin them aswell, every bit of support counts you know. And then I,ll get the best of both sets of knowledge to enjoy.
The guys that started KTRC were a break away group from the TRF who weren't happy about the way it was going and then formed there own club. I went out with them when they started up and it was not a good day they seemed like a bunch of suits who rode bikes at weekends generally didn't enjoy it. It has changed now You have a few local champions running bits and peices and routes etc ie Tony Penhaligon and Martin & claire chapman, i haven't been out with them since. I do know they were told to politely f**k off by the police at the last Martin Jennings run as the ride left Truro heading to Laddock Richard Carrington and a few other were riding on the Grass verges wheelieing the bikes alongside the police out riders. So that tells there mentality to me, but you always get a few idiots everywhere you go. They do tend to take large groups out when they go out now, which is not a good thing in my view as people complain and a big group attracts attention, but then if your not doing any harm why not

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was a paid up member of the trf when the KTRC started, sounded like a good idea, when I lived in Hampshire the same thing happened to the TRF group there, I must admit that I for one was a little dispondant to the TRF in Hampshire at the time, as it was when the bobble hat brigade were doing there right to roam thing and getting away with it, and the TRF were seen to be doing nothing openly to prove our rights of using the trails, like a right to roam but for mechanised users to get our point across.
I did upset Dave Taylor at the time with my idea of doing something similar to the bobble hat brigade because I could see us losing loads of trails across the country unless we stopped operating behind closed doors and put ourselves on the map so to speak.
I will continue to support the TRF as they do a good job, just wish they would try something like the ramblers did, or would that be a bad thing?

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Cheers guys.
Its useful, but dont take it as 'the law'. Ive marked up several trailwise trails only to scout them and find out they are not suitable eg blocked off, un-rideable or closed. Its still a good source of information though. But nothing is as good as just getting out there and looking for yourself.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries wouldnt of taken it as law anyway just as guidance, I,ll rejoin the TRF and go with them again, atleast then i,m in safe hands (legally wise) and can then re learn my local trails safe in the knowledge of what ones are legal still.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts