Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All

Am in need of new fork boots/gaiters for my XL600V and don't really want to pay Honda the big buxs for the OEM ones made from free-range, certified organic rubber. Saw some had posted a link in the past to an eBay seller on your side of the pond that had some decent looking ones for about $20 less than the OEM boots. Have any of you blokes bought the eBay boots linked below? Quality?

Black Fork Gaiters for: Honda XL600 Transalp 87-99 | eBay

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Nope. Insulted by honda oem prices I bought a pair of neoprene gaiters off the web for 20 € and told the dealer where I suggested he stick his prices. Not the ones you're looking at though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Buy them, they accept returns. Let us know what you think of them, you should be able to tell just by looking at them if they're any good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buy them, they accept returns. Let us know what you think of them, you should be able to tell just by looking at them if they're any good.
Yes, they accept returns but I'd be out nearly $30 for total shipping if I had reason to return them :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
fair shout, let us know if you go for them. I managed to clean mine up and pull all the pinches out, they came up like new. I take it your's are completely shot?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fair shout, let us know if you go for them. I managed to clean mine up and pull all the pinches out, they came up like new. I take it your's are completely shot?
Mine got torn when a f'ng cager turned illegally in front of me and I hit him. Am in the process of suing him and finally getting the TA back on the road/trail. Sent the eBay Seller a message with my concerns on wanting to buy a quality product and not wasting $ in returns but haven't heard anything back. May just fork out the $60 for the OEM boots as I can get them shipped free here in the States from shspowersports.com.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i have a set of original fork boots in the shed! they are of no use to me,shame you are in California! wonder how much post to you would be?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're willing to ship them, my Postal (Zip) Code here in California is 95492. Shipping rates have gone up everywhere but if the quote was less than the $60 Honda wants for the boots, I'd be interested.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
If you're willing to ship them, my Postal (Zip) Code here in California is 95492. Shipping rates have gone up everywhere but if the quote was less than the $60 Honda wants for the boots, I'd be interested.
ok i will ask at the local post office to see if they can give me an idea of the price. the boots are not new but in ok condition. will dig 'em out and check 'em over later.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
ok i will ask at the local post office to see if they can give me an idea of the price. the boots are not new but in ok condition. will dig 'em out and check 'em over later.
ok. looks like postage will be about £10 to you so how about £20 all in price. the boots are in good used condition and have been in my shed three years now. they are from a '98 bike but i doubt that makes any difference?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds reasonable. Have to get back to you early next week as I'll be looking at a used set of forks then that may have a serviceable set of boots but wont know til I see them up close.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
no problem. as i said they have been in my shed unused for three years so will not be going anywhere else too soon. i also have a set of forks but posting them to you would be ridiculous!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok - looks like I wont be needing them as the boots included with the forks I'm buying over here are in great shape. Thanks again for offering to go to the trouble of shipping yours across the pond to me!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Ok - looks like I wont be needing them as the boots included with the forks I'm buying over here are in great shape. Thanks again for offering to go to the trouble of shipping yours across the pond to me!
good to hear you are sorted. back in the shed with the one's I have! I bet if I had sold them I would need them myself soon after.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts