Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale

Transalp 650.

Good condition, reliable and good runner, never misses a beat, 19,000 miles.

Heated Grips, Crash bars, 12v Socket, high intensity LED running light.

Well maintained, have a spreadsheet of MPG, oil changes and parts.

£2200 ONO. Southampton area.

New Tiger Explorer (and wife) forces sale.

·
Hill Rider
3,098 Posts
Cracking looking machine in a very eye catching colour.

Good luck with the sale :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
fine bike for the money nice bit of gear on it too small miles and all . I love the colour I had a trident 750 in a similar shade and I have a car that colour too . I like the debadged look myself but if someone did not some gold decals would look the biz on it . what year is it at all ? you forgot to say people would be curious to know . if it was 00 I could get classic insurance on it but I don't have any money for another bike but if I had it would be sorted :thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 56 plate registered 7/9/06, MOTed to 24/8/15 and taxed about then too but I don't think that matters any more. Bike is great, had a quality respray last year just to tidy her up. As I said I've gone up to a Triumph Explorer that's why its reluctantly up for sale, if I had garage space Id keep it.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
oh be the holy man I only just spotted the 56 now :lol: I missed it in the title . its way too new for me altogether had I the money . I get cheap fully comp on a classic policy with carol nash if the bikes are 15 years old . I love the crash bars are they heavy duties ? and the higher than usual location of the day time running lights increase your chances of been seen behind cars I keep back a bit myself I like a little bit of room to breath im not mad from tail gating and hiding in behind cars making myself invisible .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The crash bars are not that heavy duty but they'll save the paintwork if dropped at low speed. I put the light high to try to be move visible to cars in side roads and from a distance, the LED is very white and the headlight appears quite yellow in contrast. It stands out and certainly seems to get notice, cars even move over when filtering (occasionally).

·
Registered
115 Posts
The crash bars are not that heavy duty but they'll save the paintwork if dropped at low speed. I put the light high to try to be move visible to cars in side roads and from a distance, the LED is very white and the headlight appears quite yellow in contrast. It stands out and certainly seems to get notice, cars even move over when filtering (occasionally).
Nice bike and GLWS, what did the re-spray cost? I have a vfr I'm thinking of re-spraying or maybe vinly wrapping,
just had the transalp up through about 20 miles of mountain/forest roads today.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was about £450, not cheep but they did make a lovely job of it. Its actually Suzuki Grand Vitara Green, had one and loved the colour.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It was about £450, not cheep but they did make a lovely job of it. Its actually Suzuki Grand Vitara Green, had one and loved the colour.
Not cheap for sure, I suppose you had to remove and refit the fairings/tank as well, the vinyl wrap kit is around £75, but fitting it correctly is another days work, good luck with the Triumph, fantastic looking bike and plenty of power.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
well wear to the new owner he bought a cracker anyone off hear ?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Nice bike and GLWS, what did the re-spray cost? I have a vfr I'm thinking of re-spraying or maybe vinly wrapping,
just had the transalp up through about 20 miles of mountain/forest roads today.

a lad I know just bought a 99 vfr800 its been re sprayed white with red decals the Honda wing on the tank and all wheels and all done white it cost the previous owner 700 euro the finish is perfect its like glass . its got the seat recovered in black leather nice and comfortable in the hot weather for the 2 weeks of it we get each year usualy but not good for wet weather that we get for the other 50 weeks :toothy9:leave the bike parked out over night in the rain it will soak up a bucket of water and you get on the bike in a pair of denim jeans you going to have a wet hole going around .

now hears the killer the bike had the anniversary Honda race paint like so http://buxleyfarmhouse.com/images/vfr800_1024.jpg . its was a really expensive bit of vandalism I think still its looks really good now but why not just sell it off the way it was it would have probably made more money than what he got for it and he would have still have had his 700 euro . the front left break pads are gone a bit scarce too and haven't a lot left he should have bought some new pads as well when he was spruceing it up the ****ing vandal :D

the sound off the bike is beautiful stock can on it its not loud just a low rumble . I want a vfr 800 now just for sound they make well what id really like is an rc30 but they are just that little bit out of my price range :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No a local guy, wanted a reliable run around, nice to sell it to someone genuine who use it, well pleased.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts