Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My clutch cable snapped last week (luckily once I was home and parked) and I just swapped it out the other day. It took me longer than expected to free the old cable, purely because there was a little cable clip on the rear of the main upright. Difficult to see or feel, but once I had it, the actual swap was an easy job.

Just a quick FYI if anyone else is doing the same.

Cheers
Jolly

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
A little point worth checking, bend/adjust the lower cable bracket so the inner cable runs centrally inside the outer sheath as the lever is operated throught it's stroke.
Do that and it'll be the last clutch cable you'll need to buy.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
A little point worth checking, bend/adjust the lower cable bracket so the inner cable runs centrally inside the outer sheath as the lever is operated throught it's stroke.
Do that and it'll be the last clutch cable you'll need to buy.
Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Good advice I did this shortly after I got my bike had noticed it seemed to touch one side through the movement. Don't know how long the average cable lasts but mines original on 29,000 I also use a pressure cable oiler every now and then think they are worthwhile although you should not use one on nylon lined cables as it swells the stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts