Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my rear indicators on my 07 Transalp 650 as I have snapped one off when I dropped bike (Doh). i was thinking of upgrading to LED whats peoples thoughts? is it easy to do? need some advice?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I need to replace my rear indicators on my 07 Transalp 650 as I have snapped one off when I dropped bike (Doh). i was thinking of upgrading to LED whats peoples thoughts? is it easy to do? need some advice?
been there, done that (on another bike) and my thoughts are:

virtually all the aftermarket indicators you see on Ebay should best be considered as 'consumable items'...they are inexpensive because they're shonky. Good ones will set you back around £40. Finding replacement LED elements out on the road may be an issue, whereas incandescents are cheap and plentiful. Current draw is a non issue. Personally, if it absolutely has to be LED, then with hindsight, I'd only consider buying used OEM units from a breakers.
I replaced the droopy old rears on my Transalp 600 with some pert little numbers from my CRF250L, which look like they were made for the TA. I happened to have these spare because I'd replaced these same 'gargantuan behemoths' on the CRF, with teeny tiny LEDs which looked more in keeping with the bike...:rolleyes::D

I went through four sets, from four different manufacturers, before I was unplugged from the Matrix and realized cheap indicators are not the way

Replacement is straightforward, however. Most will come with flying leads and bullet terminals...replacing just the rears (or fronts) will require you fit a resistor to correct the flash rate...cheap inline resistors are available on ebay, but the same caveat applies

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thank you for advice...

This is part my issue it doesnt have to be LED but struggling to find "normal" replacements

1 - 7 of 7 Posts