Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon.
I have Transalp 700.
I am really happy with the ergonomics of the Bike, however, being 195 cm tall I am getting really tired really fast.
Does anyone have some experience with this issue and some changes like lowering the peds, rising the handlebar, or rising the seat?
And how those changes affect the bike in general.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
are you tired because of the wind/buffetting, or because the seating position is too cramped?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seating position. I drove kle 500 before this bike on kle i had a greater comfort but the wind was killing me. On this bike i think the issue is that my knees are above the hip line.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
i also found the TA700 too cramped and my knees too high, which is one of the reasons i sold the bike shortly after getting it

i am not sure you can get a footpeg lowering kit for the TA700

this might help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i will look into it. I would really love to adjust that issue because other then that bike is superb.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
you could add an airhawk to the seat, this will raise you up about 1 inch, and also maybe make it a little more comfy for long journeys

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
i had one on my Tiger 955i as the seat was rock hard, it definitely raised me up about one inch. the key is not to inflate them too much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try with that, might help but that will affect riding quality. But i def have to try something.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
you could try "building up" the seat up a bit with some foam, or getting the seat altered so its more "level". there is a guy on ebay selling this transalp 650 seat, which has been modified and i imagine it will result in the rider sitting "higher" (but it wont fit the 700 transalp)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought the raiser for the handlebar I will try to change something with that thing.
Also Can not find an Airhawk but I will probably make a higher seat.
Thanks for the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts