Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

During this lockdown I’ve been looking at maps of Europe and planning to make a trip when it is possible again. For this I’m thinking of a few upgrades for my Transalp. Been going through the forum nfor the last few weeks, now it’s much easier to search, and I am now better informed, and have also checked ebay, but still would appreciate some advice from you on the following:-

1. Sumpguard – as I have SW Motech Engine Bars I thought it would be best to go for their sump guard. However, at €200 + P&P from them, it’s not cheap. Anyone know of any cheaper agents for this part?
2. Handguards – reading on the forum the various problems people have encountered. Can anyone recommend the best model of Barkbusters with 2 point fixings + plastic guards they have used easily? And again, some agent which has better prices?
3. Louder Horn – again, folks on the forum have upgraded theirs but had to install additional wiring. Anyone recommend a better horn which is a straight replacement for the OEM, no wiring mods required?
4. Additional lights – would like to install one each side, mounted on the engine bars. Again, looking for the simple solution. Two lights including brackets, cables and switch. Any recommended kits for this?
5. Airhawk seat – a few people recommending the small cruiser size – 18” x 12” for the Transalp. Anyone know of a decent supplier?
6. Portable air compressor – think it is required for our tubed tyres. Touratech have one at €115 but looking for a much cheaper but reliable one?

One thing’s for sure, all these accessories are certainly not getting any cheaper, and some prices are really eye-watering! My thanks in advance for your good advice.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
airhawks are good, but they do raise you up an inch or so, hence it can make the bike less easy to handle at slow speeds if you dont have long legs

this is the compressor i use on trips, its good

i have read about this stuff, which some people use for tubed tyres to prevent punctures:

i use these on my bikes:

much louder and doesn't require any more wiring

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ds99,
yes, I'm think I'm ok height-wise with the Airhawk at 6'1" so the only issue is where I can get a good deal?

Bikeseal - yes, I came across this website and it looks good but could not see enough endorsements, so still a bit sceptical?

Will look for these Fiam air horns, hope they don't need special brackets or anything, ha ha.

Thanks for taking the time out to share your experience.

Cheers

GC

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
i think the bikeseal stuff does work

i would certainly consider it if i were touring with tubed tyres, as replacing inner tubes by the side of the road is a GIANT pain

if you get an airhawk, the trick is not to inflate it too much

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think the bikeseal stuff does work

i would certainly consider it if i were touring with tubed tyres, as replacing inner tubes by the side of the road is a GIANT pain

if you get an airhawk, the trick is not to inflate it too much

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, will take your word for it on the Bikeseal and have a look again.

For the Airhawk seat, yes, watched a few videos on it. Seems a bit of trial and error to finally get them to suit your arse. ha ha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts