Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I' just bought a used 08 Transalp 700. :blob7:
I had before a 01 BMW F 650 GS Dakar. On these bike I had an HID/Xenon from touratech.
I would like to add it on my TA
To setup the aux light it's easy... but I'm unable to find a place for the ballast.

Where guys did you place it ? :confused:
As the light are always on, do I need an on/off button ?
Because I'm affraid to damage it .

Thanks you for your help :happy3:

regards
remi

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Find a space and slip it in.
The light works off the main curcuit and is powered direct from the battery,
It does not need a switch and works fine as is, I have one on the 04 TA.

G

·
Fitted mine in the fairing (beak area) either side of the air intake just below the headlight .
Looking towards the headlight as a clock face they are in the 5 and 7 oclock positions. Used tywraps and a few carefully chosen locations to drill a few holes in the plastics that are hidden inside. Plus a bit of foam sticky cushion pads to stop any chaffing on the inside of the panels.

This way they are close enough to the headlights and the wiring can be kept tidy and not foul up the streering on full lock.

Make sure that you check full lock as you dont want to tidy it all up and then pull out some connections just as you think the jobs done.

Big difference when they are fitted.

JimMcC

G

·
No the ballast is fairly chunky in size and I fitted 2 off . There are other threads in this forum about fitting HIDS and where to buy them. The size is probably about 30mm thick x 90mm x 120mm.

If required I can take a quick photo and try and post it here.

G

·
As you can see the unit is simply tywrapped into position and what you cant see is that Ive put some squares of cushion foam tape on the face that sits against the plastic of the panel to stop any chafffing or vibration, then simply laced the ballst into position. The leads come out the top.

Slimline ones would be better but swapped these from an earlier bike and hence they were the large size as that was all you could buy about 3 years ago. These ballasts (at least one of them) have been on for about 18000 miles without any problems, but I did need to get different bulbs for the Transalp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all,
First, thks to Jimmcc. The ballast fit perfectly.
When removing the fairing, I discover an other hole to put the ballast.
It's jut under the tank and over the frame.
There is a small hole where the ballast fit perfectly.
I've just fix it with some Velcro (scratch things used to fix clothes) :thumbright:

regards
remix19 :toothy9:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts