Honda XRV Forum banner
970 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  piguglyshandydrinker 
#1 ·
Just a heads up.
I've just ordered a brand new centre stand for the 650 Transalp, £85 shipped from Germany.
It seemed to be a decent price, if anyone is looking for one.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

#4 ·
fitting those springs is a pain. the best way is to pad out the spring with lots of one pence pieces or bits of cable ties, as oppose to trying to stretch the spring from it's rested state.

some people fill it with coins to lengthen it first

http://kawtriple.com/mraxl/tips/centerstand/spring.jpg

others use string, and then tighten the string by winding it in the middle with a stick/allen key

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/mg_images/spring_install_with_twine.jpg

others loop the string through the rear wheel and use a broom handle to pull the string

#7 ·
Just an update, I fitted the stand the other evening, after snapping a couple of brush handles stretching the springs, I managed to stretch & locate the springs with the third. Yay.

Once on the stand, the bike is quite wobbly and leans to the right slightly. Upon closer inspection the left hand foot of the stand it 5mm clear of the ground with the foot lever taking the weight, creating an unstable footprint.

After a few messages to & fro, they offered to pay for the stands' return and refund which I declined (I want a stand, the thing is 'ok' really and I, errm drilled it & fitted a grease nipple before fitting thereby modifying it.... plus I couldn't be bothered removong the springs again!). They offered a £10 refund as a good will gesture which is fair enough.

The pic shows 5mm packing, slid under the foot to make the bike stable.

#9 ·
Yes but that would still leave it leaning, adding 5mm to both feet would left everything & sit square but the bike would be that bit higher than need be. Another, more favourable option is to modify the foot lever so it clears the floor when on the stand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.