Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after over 6 years of ownership and use by me and both of my sons, covering a measly 26k miles in our care over that time, tomorrow a mans coming to take the old girl away :(

But with any luck I'll be able to keep an eye on the old girl - the chaps thinking of attending Galloway next month :thumbright:

Moving on, head down, shuffling off into the shed to stroke the old girl one more time :rolleyes: ;)

Steve T

:cool:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
I feel your pain. Losing a bike is painful indeed. i still fret for Nessie and hope that I will see her again. But bikes are meant for riding, and if they are loved and ridden by their new owners it is better than them being kept in the garage as an object to be looked at by their owners. :(

·
Hill Rider
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lulu

None of my bikes just get "looked at". They're either being ridden, dis-assembled or re-assembled.

All except the @ of course - once it's had it's pre winter service it gets tucked away under it's dust sheet until the Daffodils are well and truley out and smiling at the world :D

Don't think this chap will just look at her - he's owned an @ before, so he understands us V-Twinners

Steve T

·
Hill Rider
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Hill Rider
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Offers still there Steve ;)
Cheers dude . . .I may well take you up on the offer . . . .so long as I can get a lift back up north with the luv birds :thumbright:, if they've not packed the car out with bargain buy's that is of course :D ;)

Steve T

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Cheers dude . . .I may well take you up on the offer . . . .so long as I can get a lift back up north with the luv birds :thumbright:, if they've not packed the car out with bargain buy's that is of course :D ;)

Steve T

They will squeeze you in :D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Sad news Steve, bloody weird, you're giving the bike away at that price as well.

As for your coded words with Si, not a problem mate. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
Steve, I'm baffled to why the Alp bike has stuck around so long - it's a great buy, nice colour scheme too.

Good luck with the sale!

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Hill Rider
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Phil,

I'd like to thank you for your good Karma. It worked a treat, 'cos a blokes just given me the asking price :thumbup:

Finally get someone round to look over the bike properly and realise that I'm not a bullsh1ter. The test ride helped as well.

Biggest plus was me being out walking the dogs when he arrived and the Boss giving him the un-cut version of the bikes history and my obsession with fettling and spending time in the garage :D. The lady could sell snow to an Eskimo ;)

So, the Transalp is most certainly now GONE 9well, tomorrow when he collects it - but me's got the cash :D in me hand :thumbup:)

Steve T

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Glad to hear it mate, was just screamin for a punter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Steve,
I bought your Transalp...
I had done a little research and detective work before I answered your ad, and had seen the pics you posted on the TA site, plus read the accompanying background.
Your missus is lovely and makes nice coffee, but we spent most of the time talking about our spaniels! The bike sold itself, as it reflected the obvious care and attention that had been lavished on it by you, especially when started up and ridden...:salute:
I very much enjoyed meeting you and would be happy to take you up on your offer of help and education on the maintenance front at some point in the future.
I'm currently researching tyre reviews, as I think fresh rubber will be in order soon : Bridgestone TW41/42, Metzeler Tourance or Michelin Anakees, I reckon.

As I stated on the other site, I may have become an Alp-oholic. I wasn't even a mile down the road on the test run when I realised I loved the Alp experience and wanted more.:D I hate haggling and I thought your price was a fair one, which is why I thrust that wad of notes in your hand before I even took my helmet off!

It was a pleasure doing business with you, and thanks for delivering your pride and joy to my door.
I've been out a couple of times and am about to head out again, over Dava moor perhaps, since I have the day off...

Thanks again,
Bob Stewart

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse Bob

I know you'll enjoy that Alp

·
Hill Rider
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi & as Paul S say's - Welcome to the mad house :thumbup:

So glad you like the Alp. It's a simple machine that can do what it's name implies - Trans-Alp.

Went through your village yesterday on the way back from Spean Bridge. Very tempted to pop in and see how you were getting on, but timwas getting on - The guy in Inverness kept talking and feeding us coffee and biscuits :thumbup: and we lost track of time.

Call if you need anything, or call in by when your passing - I'll be in the garage fettling if not out riding :D

Again, welcome ;)

Steve T

1 - 16 of 16 Posts