Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transalp 2.jpg

Just picked up this 02 TA, been hiding in a garage for the last 8 years, managing all of 300 miles in that time (12 miles in last two years - MOT centre & return). Nice bike, big change from previous V-Twin: Aprilia Mille, but the old back couldn't cope anymore. Great to be back on two wheels!:thumbup:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Sounds like you picked up a proper nice example there mate, it may not have the Wow factor of the Mille but it'll certainly give you the Ahhhhhhh factor on your next 300 plus mile trip

·
Registered
789 Posts
Nice looking machine, have fun :)

Same boat, got rid of my Daytona, back and neck aches :( You'll be laughing when you pass the boys stopping every 30 mins to stretch and you're at the ferry an hour early with a cold beer lol !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, you could be right...it's VERY comfortable....the 225 miles down from Newcastle were easily sorted....will get a taller/touring screen sorted out (as well as open exhaust/braided hoses) to assist with 'ride-ability'....took it out yesterday and the familiar roads felt VERY unfamiliar as they were bereft of potholes, bumps and jolts...cracking bike this TA!:D

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Take out and copperslip the threads on the pad pin covers and both timing mark inspection covers on the left crank case. This will save them seizing in future - you can guess how I know this.

Enjoy the bike, had mine 11 years now after fast bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice ...will add to the list of small(ish) jobs to sort....exhaust coming tomorrow, found what appears to be a good screen..hoses identified, should be fun:D

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice looking bike

Welcome to the forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts