1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am trying to find the paint code for my bike

I need the main Purple and silver used on the fairings

Anyone know where to find these? (and no the sticker under my seat has long since gone!)

These colours below

·
Registered
843 Posts
Any vehicle paint factors local to you would be able to mix it up, and advise on suitable primer. undercoat and laquer.

Or just buy it online from RS Bike Paint.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Any vehicle paint factors local to you would be able to mix it up, and advise on suitable primer. undercoat and laquer.

Welcome to my world Jamie :bom:!

So many bad decisions possible in the world of paint it seems. What are you going for, quick and easy or a good finish job? For the latter I recommend going to a proper paint shop. There they will sort you out with primer, (base?) topcoat and clear. Fairings sanded down to the bare will need an adhesion promoter. More importantly they'll make sure that all paints, thinners, and hardeners will play nice with each other. And if they are cool you can ask the a hundred and one questions about painting like I did.

What are you planning on painting?

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I did look at RS paints but it's very expensive! I will try a local paint supplier

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to my world Jamie :bom:!

So many bad decisions possible in the world of paint it seems. What are you going for, quick and easy or a good finish job? For the latter I recommend going to a proper paint shop. There they will sort you out with primer, (base?) topcoat and clear. Fairings sanded down to the bare will need an adhesion promoter. More importantly they'll make sure that all paints, thinners, and hardeners will play nice with each other. And if they are cool you can ask the a hundred and one questions about painting like I did.

What are you planning on painting?
I want a good paint job, I am going for a factory look

You will have to wait and see what exactly I am painting....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts