Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you think it would cost to get a Transalp 600 properly resprayed. ie not rattle cans at home

it would be...

- two white side rear panels
- two red/white front panels
- red/white tank
- red mudguards
- red cowling

any ideas? £300? £400 £500?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I wouldn't have the foggiest idea but I seen a set of decals for a white 87 transalp on the e bay not even sure what country it was I think it was about 60 or seventy euro then just white paint and a few coats of lacquer over the decals . that's one option myself if going snazzy I would just go chopper metallic blue all over no decals I seen one done like that it looked ace or matt black if she was a rough bitsa with miss matching panels . I am not too fussy or flush so I wouldn't even bother wasting money I could use on petrol or tyres on shiney stuff .

·
Registered
826 Posts
I've seen cost of bike with a fairing respray quoted up to £1000.

Depends on how much prep work you do yourself as it's a labour intensive process. Do any of the plastics need repairing? signs of rust on tank? Will you supply decals or expect them to source them. Chat to local respray painty folk what you can do in advance to make their life easier. Some wouldn't expect glassfibre repairs on ABS plastics as odd things can happen if they bake the paint.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Assume you are located across the pond from us in the States but I have gotten good paint jobs done for just under $500usd. My best experience has been finding a reputable painter in one of the club racing groups - where a lot of painting and repair work gets done. If you were going to apply the decals as well, then this approach for the TA would more than suffice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts