Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a job I've been intending doing for ages, add in a bit of quality garage time & plenty of layers (brrrr).

Ever since buying the Transrat 3 years ago the wiring has been a mess - not because it has been butchered but because without a fairing theres nowhere to hide the bundles of cables & block connectors.

My intention was;
To simplify & reduce the wiring within the harness as much as is practicable ( I was hoping to find a CDI/connector from a late 600 Alp & use that but none have become available recently)
Remove multiplugs wherever practical (hardwire the electrics) to significantly reduce the risk of corrosion causing electrical problems in the future
Move the fusebox to the headlight area.
Remove the carb heaters & associated wiring.
Wire in heated grips & ciggy lighter socket
Wire in a switch so that I can turn one of the dipped beams on/off at will.
Maintain electrical reliability - I can't stand temperamental things/unreliability....

First off - look at this lot....

Wiring harness opened up & xisting fusebox location - note The diode & sub harness was seperated from the fusebox & left in it's original location.

The fusebox now wired in (resting on the front mudguard)

Now to sort the rest of the wiring :confused:

The front taking shape....

.....and the side

And starting to put the protective sleeving & self amalgamating tape on

As luck would have it everything worked perfik first time.
Lets hope that it stays that way :angel1:

Theres still one or two bits to do but need to get the bike back together for the run in Derbyshire tomorrow ;)

Phil

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
If I done that it would be 2012 before it would start ...

Good job ....
:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
See i told you it would work when you ask me for advice :)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
from what i could see in the first 2 photo's the wiring looked in very good condition with good clean contacts there. Always a mess trying to route a loom properly when it's been apart

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See i told you it would work when you ask me for advice :)
Cheers for the pointers mate.
We'd all be knackered without you Pete :angel2:

from what i could see in the first 2 photo's the wiring looked in very good condition with good clean contacts there. Always a mess trying to route a loom properly when it's been apart
Yep, the wiring was in good nick - just too much of it!!!
It's all been chopped & put back in place, everything is fully working & has all gone back & is as good as new :sunny:

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts