Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now got 3 different screen for my TA: :D

Honda Touring - bought from Wee Jack. great for protection from windblast and rain - water just poured off my visor. Absolutely crap for noise - so much so I stopped using it after 1 week. The source of the noise moved from coming from under my helmet to all around it. Opening helmet vents made it lots worse. I will sell it to anyone who wants it for what I paid Jack - £50 plus P&P. I am sure it will be great if you are a bit shorter than 6'2" and can get below the wind blast.

A cut down standard: Just tried this and its my favourite - not much less protection from windblast than standard but quieter than standard and lots lots quieter than touring. It hasn't rained in use yet so I may hate it later. I cut about 3inches from the top of my standard screen and followed the curve of the clocks surround. Need to tidy up with some screen trim but looks OK and strangely makes the bike feel a bit more aggressive. I might also cover it in some blue sticky back plastic (to match the bike).

Standard - we nearly all have these. Probably the best compromise between a high screen and a low screen.

If I can get another cheap screen I will try a different shape - cut the corners off so the screen has a sort of tongue that sticks up to the original height but more room for wind to swirl past - hopefully less noise, but same protection.

Just thought I would let you know and confirm that if you are looking to go quiet then a small screen is what you need.

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Hi Austin, interesting info. My (black Alp) came with a Nuvo screen and std. one. At first I raved about the weather protection of the Nuvo, it was only after returning from a trip to Spain and I started to develop Tinnitus that I realised just how bl**dy noisy it was, I went to stock, then, like you started chopping bits off the top of the Nuvo - 'till the jigsaw blade snagged & I cracked it.....

Ultimately I have settled with stock.

You say the bike feels more agressive with a cut down stock screen. You want to try one with no fairing - it feels a real hooligan tool :rolleyes: (don't laugh at the back)

Roll on, project 'Obsession Transalp'

Phil

·
Ride any Road. Ask me...
2,574 Posts
You say the bike feels more agressive with a cut down stock screen. You want to try one with no fairing - it feels a real hooligan tool :rolleyes: (don't laugh at the back)

Roll on, project 'Obsession Transalp'

Phil
Feels it, big time. :D :D :D Tend to put toes on tarmac with all the plastics in the garage!

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
I know what your saying Austin, I'm smaller than you but still noticed the difference when I returned the Alp to standard trim ready for the Trade-in. At the time I posted this thread on the subject.
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=19694

·
51 Buell X1 & 89 Tenere
292 Posts
Next on my list is a MRA touring screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts