Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I only just found this site yesterday and am enjoying it immensely.
I have a question I hope somebody can help me with. I have an '87 Alp here in Canada that I've had for about !2 years and love it. I'm now in my late sixties and am finding the bike a little too tall for me so I'm going yo lower it with a kit from a company called Epm performance in the States. They only list for '89-'95 as the Alp wasn't introduced in the U.S. until '89. My question is is the shock the same size? The company doesn't know and I can't find a cross reference
Any help would be appreciated,
Charlie.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone. I only just found this site yesterday and am enjoying it immensely.
I have a question I hope somebody can help me with. I have an '87 Alp here in Canada that I've had for about !2 years and love it. I'm now in my late sixties and am finding the bike a little too tall for me so I'm going yo lower it with a kit from a company called Epm performance in the States. They only list for '89-'95 as the Alp wasn't introduced in the U.S. until '89. My question is is the shock the same size? The company doesn't know and I can't find a cross reference
Any help would be appreciated,
Charlie.
I am also in Canada and have a 87 transalp! I wonder if this shock would fit if you lower. It is the same style as the transalp shock, but i believe a about 10mm shorter. Touratech - Level 2 Shock Absorber - Yamaha XT660Z Tenere (no ABS) 08-

Just a suggestion as it is a good deal!

Let me know if you have any parts for sale for your transalp! I am looking for a left fairing.

EDIT: I just realized we have the same first name too... weird.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts