Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use a tank bag on their TA? It would be a useful place to put a satnav, but with the, er, 'distinctive' shape of the TA tank, it doesn't look as if a standard tank bag will fit. Anyone got a solution, please?

·
Registered
533 Posts
And it is half covered in plastic which doesn't help either...

I used one of these sat nav bags from Hein Gericke that attach to the bars, means I can leave it on when filling up :)

·
Ridden for years
2,806 Posts
I use a baglux. I've had the bag a while and got a second hand cover from Raven. It's not cheap, but the rain cover is fixed at one end and works neatly. The fitting to the tank cover is better than magnetic; not as heavy or cumbersome to carry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I've had a look at the suggestions; If Lutin says that a B-square one fits his 650 OK, I'll try one on my 650. That's more in my price bracket. I'll wait & see what gets offered in a month or two's time.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have a tank bag for my 650 too....magnets and a head strap hold it securely, but i also run a couple of straps to my crash bars for safety....the brand is italian ...not givi but one of their subsidiaries - cannot for the life of me remember the name...i have some images of the bike with the tank bag on in my gallery

·
Registered
94 Posts
I find the Hein Gerricke "Tuareg" bag is a great fit and it has a little receptacle for a car sat nav on top....fine for those that cant afford a bike specific one!:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
650 and 700 tank are the same shape - at the top anyway. My wife had a TT tank bag for her 700 that I bodged onto my 650. I also have a Baglux cover and city bag that is a nice small size for a bits and bobs and is QD. I find with luggage generally cheap is always cheap and nasty and wont last; but expensive does not neccesarily mean good.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have a tank bag for my 650 too....magnets and a head strap hold it securely, but i also run a couple of straps to my crash bars for safety....the brand is italian ...not givi but one of their subsidiaries - cannot for the life of me remember the name...i have some images of the bike with the tank bag on in my gallery
Sorry for not remembering the brand...its was kappa. this model specifically

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/product_images/kappa_tk713_side-image.jpg

it fits like a dream, and allows me to drive the bike comfortably, with the gps mounted on the handlebars.

thanks

R

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi, sorry to jump in with a For Sale but I've got a Diablo tank bag I used to used on my TA650 - magnetic + bar strap, spiral zip, mapcase, raincover, good bit of kit.

Didn't work on vstrom due to magnets not having enough purchase on the plastic fairing so I upgraded to a (very expensive) touratech. But its fine on the TA. Cost me 50 quid, but its taking up space so if you want it for a few quid plus postage send me a PM!

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Tendays, I would if I could. I don't seem to have PM enabled on my account. I'll see if I can contact admin.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi, sorry to jump in with a For Sale but I've got a Diablo tank bag I used to used on my TA650 - magnetic + bar strap, spiral zip, mapcase, raincover, good bit of kit.

Didn't work on vstrom due to magnets not having enough purchase on the plastic fairing so I upgraded to a (very expensive) touratech. But its fine on the TA. Cost me 50 quid, but its taking up space so if you want it for a few quid plus postage send me a PM!

Cheers
sold, but Northridge still needs one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts