Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few have members have done this conversion, my question is do I have to have a petrol pump ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
No.

The Transalp (at least the early PD06 models) were gravity feed. A fuel pump is not needed.

The TA tank uses a vacuum fuel valve normally. A standard one can be fitted or the vacuum line can be connected to the carb sync port on the left side intake tract.

The AT seat will not mate with the TA tank very well, but the TA seat will fit on the RD04 frame. RD04 side panels may or may not play well with the TA seat but I have no experience with this.

The bottom fuel tank support can be removed along with all the AT fuel pump hoses.

If you are trying to lighten the bike, the TA rear fender/rack combination also should bolt onto the AT. It will be lighter but will shorten the rear fender quite a bit - maybe too short with the RD04 longer swing arm. Dunno if TA side panels will mate up with the AT frame mounting points.

IIRC the bottom rear of the TA tank is used for the front mount of the TA side panels.

My experience comes from fitting RD04 front bodywork and tank/seat to my 1990 Transalp.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all that info, very informative, so the answer is, No ! it will not require a fuel pump.
For further info, got the TA tank, seat, side panels, and tail fin all mounted, I love the lines of the Transalp in comparison to the AT, and yes must of shed a good bit of weight, the project continues ( Transtwin ).

Safe Riding !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts