Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Big time Africa twin fan from California. I am converting my Transalp to an Africa Twin and am looking for some parts! I just power coated the frame white, have sourced an original tank and am now looking for some more parts:

Currently looking for all of the fairings, rear rack, blue plastic plate that is under the rack and a rear swing arm.

Any condition welcomed!

I will try to update a thread with the progress.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thats a good start and I have the original blue plastic but I did drill the holes a couple of mm bigger

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I am located in Montreal, and I may have a second set of fairing. Not perfect but in pretty good condition not requiring any paint job.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Hi guys

I offered them to the California dude, and received messages from two Brits. ;-) I'll wait for a reply from our Yankee friend. There are plenty of RD03 spares in Europe and I am sure it is harder to get them in the US.

Lee

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@massive lee I didnt see the PM unfortunately. I am still interested!! Could you try again?

·
Registered
13 Posts
In Europe is not so much original fairing for RD03. I'm looking front fairing for a half a year. At the moment can't get anywhere. If someone have, please let me know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Sfgt3,

I'm in Davis CA. I've done one TA to RD03 conversion and one TA to RD04 conversion. You might consider just using the RD parts for the tank, seat and everything forward. The TA side panels and rear fender/taillight will work well with the RD stuff.

Some folks have said they liked it better and felt the TA rear section had a more abbreviated and "racy" look. It's a bit more narrow and will allow you to tuck rear rack brackets and bags a bit more inboard.

IMG_0828.jpg

PM me and I can send you contact info if you want to call or discuss your project.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the photos. I'm waiting to see if the plastics set that Massive Lee is selling has that included but if he doesn't reply then I'm interested for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts