Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
My Tyre pressures are 29/30 psi - 2.0/2.1 bar in the front and 33 psi 2.3 in the rear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did some interpolation (I think that's what it's called) based on the weight limits given in the manual.

For my XL700V it has a max load of 200kg (people + luggage). Unloaded with a 75kg (just under 12 stone) rider, Honda recommend 29 PSI front & rear. Fully loaded they recommend 29 front & 41 rear. That means for every extra 7.8kg above 75kg you add an extra 1 PSI to the rear, which is fine if the extra weight is going on the back (pillion/luggage), but may need a little fudging if it is only with the rider.

So I reckon for 19 stone (121kg) you want around 34 PSI in the rear and perhaps an extra 1 to 2 PSI (30-31) in the front.

Best doublecheck the manual, especially if your bike is not an XL700V! I might have made a mistake.

·
Womble
180 Posts
I ride my Xl700v solo to work every day and as there is a load in the top-box [way beyond the rear axle] I have found that pillion riding pressures give me the best wear rate. Leaving the pressures for solo rider only always meant the rear tyre appeared under-inflated when looking at the wear pattern on changing the tyre.

Dunno if that helps any....

·
Registered
359 Posts
I did some interpolation (I think that's what it's called) based on the weight limits given in the manual.

For my XL700V it has a max load of 200kg (people + luggage). Unloaded with a 75kg (just under 12 stone) rider, Honda recommend 29 PSI front & rear. Fully loaded they recommend 29 front & 41 rear. That means for every extra 7.8kg above 75kg you add an extra 1 PSI to the rear, which is fine if the extra weight is going on the back (pillion/luggage), but may need a little fudging if it is only with the rider.

So I reckon for 19 stone (121kg) you want around 34 PSI in the rear and perhaps an extra 1 to 2 PSI (30-31) in the front.

Best doublecheck the manual, especially if your bike is not an XL700V! I might have made a mistake.
S
Thanks Tim.... will do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts