Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Macgyver". Series 3, episode 1, Aired in Sept 1987, so this must have been a very early Transalp used, which I did not think were in the USA at that time?

Macgyver evades capture by using a Transalp XL600v, including being chased by a helicopter, jumping onto a ship and some light green lane forest riding (all with a passenger and no helmet)

But.... he fails to find the fuel tap reserve switch or the sidestand!

VIDEO:

more pics here

more tv shows that feature transalps here

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,027 Posts
There was one of those spoof action films and they were doing a bit of a Top Gun scene and I'm sure Charlie Sheen was riding a Transalp in it? Although I may have just dreamed all that.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I saw that, I remember a scene when the bike conked out and the bad guys caught up with him, he had to swap the CDIs over

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,027 Posts
I found the clip, but now I'm not sure it is a Transalp. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are two bikes used in that scene. a transalp 600 and a smaller single cylinder dirt bike

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I would like to see All the gear no idea featuring an Africa twin but cant find it anywhere

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,027 Posts
It was a transalp wasn't it. It was a forum member here as well. He said they ruined his bike I seem to recall.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I remember watching and they didn't do a very good job if memory serves me right. I wish I could find it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts