Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has a '97 transalp 600 with twin disc front end, which she bought last year - the wheels were in pretty poor shape when she got it and the front is now almost u/s; the back is not much better but might just get through an mot! I'd appreciate some advice on the best source for replacement wheels - obviously hard to find s/h but can anyone recommend a wheel building service? Cheers, Pops

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
CWS in Birmingham supplied me with a front rim & stainless spokes. They also do a re-building service as well.

Hagon advertise a similar service.

Several other users on this forum have used other business's with great results - Whealie has just had a complete set re-built for one of his bikes.

Happy searching :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

PS - welcome to the crazy house - nice to see another North East Scotland user on the site - there are a few of us based up this way

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the tips, guys - I've tried Breaking Point but Transalp wheels in good condition are the rarest thing on the planet. I had a similar problem on my old Transalp and got a wheel made up by Frank at H&S motors in Jopp's Lane in Aberdeen using a rim sourced from Breaking Point but I believe Frank's long since retired. I have a dominator rim in perfect nick but it's not got enough holes!! I'll follow up the other suggestions. Cheers

·
Registered
307 Posts
:cool:

Welcome mate,

Try ritosxf he's a member on this site he rebuilt mine for my 600 Transalp and for many others you can see samples of his work on various threads.

BIG D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts