Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys,

have not been on this forum long and already I have to let you know that my Alp is wrecked :(. I must say that all this because of my stupidity and complete misjudgement. I was overtaking into the corner on A592 coming down from Kirkstone pass and misjudged the speed of oncoming car. As I was trying to quickly get back into the lane, I run onto the gravel and went sliding into the wall. (Roads in Lake District are not very wide)I am afraid it is a write off. From the quick initial assessment the damage is: front bracket holding the light, spedo and all the rest; all the plastic fearing on the front; radiator; tank and god knows what else. So I am afraid I will be without a bike for sometime :( and just have to thank all my :angel5: for being with me. I am hoping to get a bike soon.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
At least you walked away.
The bike can be replaced you cannot.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I'm feeling your plight mate, binned my AT last week again through my own missjudgement but hey we're here to tell the tale thats the main thing :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Hey Corouk,Chin up mate,it's not the end of the world. Have you had yourself checked over yet. Bikers always worry about the bike first then themselves secondly.:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Corouk,Chin up mate,it's not the end of the world. Have you had yourself checked over yet. Bikers always worry about the bike first then themselves secondly.:)
Yeah I am all good. Went to A&E and spent 5 hours there till half five in the morning just to keep family happy. All they told me that I am fine. :

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to hear about your off mate. :(
Looked like a nice bike.

What's happening to the bike? Is it written off?
Not wanting to sound too cheeky, but I could use the right hand radiator if it's going ....
Hold your horses guys :D it only happened yesterday evening and I need the insurance guy to come and have a look. If anything goes I'll let you know.:thumbright:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ow, man! You were lucky to walk away.
Just glad you're OK. One of those painful "learning experiences"...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ow, man! You were lucky to walk away.
Just glad you're OK. One of those painful "learning experiences"...
Thanks but I should have known better than that! I have been there. I guess I was just too confident because I know those roads. I've been riding for years. As I said my own fault and stupidity. But I must say I was lucky to walk away from this.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Glad your still walking and talkin' mate. From the look of the pics she can be rebuilt. Give yourself a bit of time and start to strip all the broke stuff off,the assessor might see it as a bonus. If the frame is straight you can make a list of bits and start sourcing,it doesn't look as bad as it could have been.

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Hold your horses guys :D it only happened yesterday evening and I need the insurance guy to come and have a look. If anything goes I'll let you know.:thumbright:
No, no Coro, that's not the xrv way. We don't like to see a member in distress. There are a number of gentlemen on here who would happily save you the trouble and stress by taking the bike away and giving you a nice £300 for it. :angel5:

Mind you, yours looks in better nick now than mine does. :error:

(Glad you're OK!)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Thanks but I should have known better than that! I have been there. I guess I was just too confident because I know those roads. I've been riding for years. As I said my own fault and stupidity. But I must say I was lucky to walk away from this.
Glad you are OK thats what matters you where lucky, bikes don't hurt people do!

Looks like you are applying the old addage to yourself-----------------

Familiarity breeds contempt!

been there myself!! maybe a valuable lesson learnt eh?

Watch out for the vultures! they're decending fast!!
Only joking you vultures ha ha ha ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad you are OK thats what matters you where lucky, bikes don't hurt people do!

Looks like you are applying the old addage to yourself-----------------

Familiarity breeds contempt!

been there myself!! maybe a valuable lesson learnt eh?

Watch out for the vultures! they're decending fast!!
Only joking you vultures ha ha ha ;)
Well it is looking that way. :p At the moment I just really need to work out what am I going to do with this. If I had a garage it would be a nice project to get it up and running. But I don't have that comfort and looks like the forks had some impact as well. Might need to be replaced. Really not sure yet. :confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know that road enough that it isnt very forgiving, certainly on the north side. As you say Lakes roads can be a bit narrow and no run off verges, so glad you managed to walk away from it. Bet it was a great day till the off?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Guys he only lives in Liverpool, I am sure if you could nip over and swap the rads while he is not looking no one will know.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
ow. nasty! at least you are ok.

shame the bike is a 650 as i have a 600 for spares that you could have used.

i will be a vulture too now. want to sell me your back wheel? sorry!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ow. nasty! at least you are ok.

shame the bike is a 650 as i have a 600 for spares that you could have used.

i will be a vulture too now. want to sell me your back wheel? sorry!
As I said guy's I need to wait for the insurance guy to come round and decide if it is a write off or they are gonna repair it. It looks like the fork is knackered or the front wheel. Difficult to judge. I will let you know if I will be selling parts after the insurance makes the decision.:rr:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts