Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having had zero response to my thoughts about a TA 650 instrument set on a TA I had a try with a spare TA 600 instrument set I took off my 92 TA when I and fitted an 89? set which are more compact onto the TA when it became 'naked'.
I made an intermediate wire to convert the TA plug settings into the AT and went to fit it.

Everything worked but the tacho, there are 3 wires on early tacho (92 TA600) and 2 on later tacho (99 AT750). .

Checking the wiring from Haynes both AT750s and TA600s changed the tacho wiring over the years. TAs possibly when they went from 2 ECUs to 1 ECU or from PD06 to PD10, did the last PD06 (96 XL600V-T) have single ECU as Haynes wiring suggests?
AT750 always had 1 ECU Haynes wiring shows the tacho changes from 3 to 2 inputs for XRV750-T onwards.

Does anyone know if the 2 wire tacho from the TA will run on the 2 wire AT ?
Update yes it does see below

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I brought a late TA600 (PD10) meter set with the 2 wire tacho and it fits and works on the AT.
Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Tachometer Gauge

I left the tripmeter as the clock part works but the trip part is disconnected as the TA speedo does not have the pulse generator. The TA speedo trip works correctly, it should as it is a mechanical connection. I prefer the TA warning light layout being in the middle with left & right indicator warning lights to the AT warning lights on a side panel..
Does not take long to change from TA to AT or AT to TA meter sets once the adaptor plate & wiring adaptor are made for the TA meters. The time consuming part is removing and refitting the fairing!
Of course the TA tacho shows the wrong rev limit, do you rev your AT to 8K+! ? and has a TA label. I will leave those as I will probably get the tripmeter repaired and have the AT meter set refitted if I sell the AT.
The adaptor plate
Rectangle Grey Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

with TA meter fitted
Bumper Gas Auto part Fashion accessory Metal

Connecting lead
Plant Cable Electrical supply Electrical wiring Auto part

1 - 3 of 3 Posts