1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just checked the Holan website, the item costs £48 (new)

Would you be interested in an offer of £35 posted to Italy?

That would be £30 for the item + £5 shipping with Royal Mail...

Airmail | Royal Mail Ltd

let me know, thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but no thanks. this is brand new un-touched never fitted. not sure what exchange rate you are getting but I paid 65 euros - 52 quid now.

I wouldn't send outside uk if it was not tracked and traced service - I would send it to Italy for £50 including tracked delivery.

The touratech one is now £74 quid!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey,I saw your Transalp transformation,quite impressive,nice work.:thumbright: Back to our subject now :)

In Italy the Touratech protector costs 68 euros (£54.4) link

Your offer is for the Holan protector (which is a cheaper brand than Touratech) at 62 euros (£50)

For such a small difference one could buy directly from Touratech.

If you are interested in an offer of £40 including tracked delivery let me know. After all it's only £12 less than you paid for it...

ps .. the conversions are made by XE - The World's Favorite Currency and Foreign Exchange Site

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't matter to me what the price is in Italy, I paid 65quid delivered so 55 is a bargain, 50 is even better 40 quid is not going to happen.

50 quid or nothing. I'm away now for the next 2-3 weeks and wont have internet access will take a look when back.

- Glad you like the bike :)

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
It does annoy me when people buy something for a price and then want to sell it at a cheaper price and people still feel they should have it for an even bigger discount...... its still new and its still cheaper, if someone doesnt want it for cheaper then go and buy new..... if it was old and a bit scratched up I could understand but its as new !! Sorry did feel a rant:D

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
If you are interested in an offer of £40 including tracked delivery let me know. After all it's only £12 less than you paid for it...
You forgot to factor in that he has to pay for the shipping to Italy and then deal with a lengthy claims process if/when it doesn't arrive. Lots of things tend not to arrive when posted to Italy via Royal Mail and a courier is going to cost over £20.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It does annoy me when people buy something for a price and then want to sell it at a cheaper price and people still feel they should have it for an even bigger discount.
Well, this is what forums are about. If you can't bargain then it's like buying from a shop ;)

Anyway, I saw this link For Sale: NEW TA 650 headlight protector and the final price was £35 + shipping. That's why I proposed £40 shipped.

Well, let's say that £10 more is not a big deal after all so £50 shipped to Italy can be OK.

I'd like to send a PM to Wilso122 but I can't (error message about account privileges etc) so this is my email: docbabis [at] yahoo [ d0t] it

What types of payment do you accept?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
As you say you can get a brand new Touratech one in Italy for only £4 more, my comment about buying it in Italy is actually not a bad idea all things considered. At least if you buy in Italy, it stands a far better chance of arriving than if it's sent from the UK by Royal Mail.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Babis, I like the fact you tried to get a bargain but it already is. Let me pick this up when I get back, I leave in 2 hours for a 12day trip round spain and i've not packed the bike yet! Will take paypal as we are both protected then. Will email you when back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As you say you can get a brand new Touratech one in Italy for only £4 more, my comment about buying it in Italy is actually not a bad idea all things considered. At least if you buy in Italy, it stands a far better chance of arriving than if it's sent from the UK by Royal Mail.
I checked again on the Italian Touratech website and there are 12€ for shippment so the offer of £50 delivery included doesn't sound that bad after all...

Recently I have bought from amazon.co.uk and the items arrived after 4-5 days. Not sure if they use royal mail though...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a brand new headlight protector for sale never fitted, made by holan but exactly the same as a touratech one... 55 quid posted.

This is it,
Holan » headlight protection for Honda Transalp - steel

This is the TT one spot the difference..
Touratech UK WebshopHere it is
View attachment 17700

https://picasaweb.google.com/102423395313094156599/KTMSupermotowheels?authkey=Gv1sRgCOzDhOG139HqHw#5730595317424462306

hello my friend.!!
I am interested for your headlight protection

1 - 15 of 15 Posts