Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m selling my Transalp XL650V4 2004.
Taxed to MOT to end November, MOT to May 2013.
I love the bike and it is in good condition and with a little tlc could be in very good condition, but a major life-style change means I must sell and cannot ride or provide elbow grease.
It has one previous owner plus me, just done 40,000 miles and has partial service history. I have owned it since about 8,000 miles.
I recently serviced it myself at 39,000 miles as I enjoy doing it and ensure it is done properly. New air filter, plugs, oil filter, oil, coolant change and tappets (I’m sure if I dig I can provide receipts) The tappets were all fine, but just to be pedantic I did adjust one front inlet gap just to ensure both had the same.
It comes with heated grips, Honda top box, Givi crash bars and nearly new Fuel exhaust. Also lower seat, but original will also be provided.
Now the tatty bits. It has a few scuffs and scratches. Like : hairline scratch on tank where tank protector should be, courtesy of previous owner. The rear rim has the dreaded black spot on one side (I learned hose down after one winter ride one ride too late). There is also a crack near the valve, which was assured to be surface only the last time the tyre was changed, but something to watch. The engine paint has suffered in a few places. A rear indicator glass has a lug missing, but still does the job.
So nothing too bad and worth a look. I will take a few more pictures this week-end, but have attached one of the bike below.
I am asking £2200 for it.
It's strange how hard it is to sell a bike, you become quite attached to them, but needs must.
PM if interested. Lifestyle change means I may not be around odd days and a bit slow in coming back immediatley, but I will.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'm upset. nobody wants my lovely bike.
So I'm going to sell my cat, in fact a BOGOF because I've 2 cats, for £2200. You get the bike for free.

As promised, some more photo's good bits and warty bits (engine paint and rear rim)
The close up looks worse than it is, but nothing to hide. Overall in good condition.

Ebay might be the way forward? Although I might just keep it.

Let me know if you want picture of cats.

Open to offers.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Could you post a pic of your pussy please or maybe both :toothy10:
Very nice bike mate but as I am really struggling to break my old transalp I am not allowed another bike :-(

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thats a nice looking bike there Dave shame to get rid of it. Good luck though mate. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Baglux tank cover. Bit pricy but I like em.
Not forsale at present.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts