Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
that's a rob north trident . what a beauty your a talented bloke :thumbright: they are a lovely engine I had a lovely green 92 trident 750 with the silver engine for a short while I sold it like a fool with just shy of 20000 miles on it with new tyres Daytona cans and a years tax because I read up on the forums about any problem anyone ever had with one and panicked the people who got no trouble at all were not posting too busy riding . I heard one of those engines doing stupid big miles with a courier company 300000 miles . in fact I very nearly never joined hear because when I bought my Transalp I was torn between it and a green 900 trident but I fancied another big trialie after having a klr650 in the past I still want another trident though .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks yes...its a 91 Trident built to look like one of the original Rob North bikes. I happened to see it on ebay back in the summer, bid on it and got it for £500 odd....running and with an MoT! Rode it for a bit.....really nice motor but felt a bit of a heavy old lump so put it on a strict diet....managed to lose nearly 45kg...
004 (9).JPG 001 (3).JPG 005 (6).JPG 008.JPG 001 (6).JPG

·
Registered
942 Posts
I like that a lot Rob , looks really good :thumb:
next can we have a metisse style scrambler with a hinkley air cooled bonnie engine :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I really really like that bike, I dont suppose you fancy a ride to Denmark to annoy my neighbours.....:D:D:D
I plan to put my re-built engine back into my old TR6 on christmas and boxing day, beats the hell out of eating way too much and watching crap TV..
Excellent result sir...:thumbup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Nick....have got another 2 frames to build first but as it happens have been thinking about a Metisse type cradle frame for a while now....I was originally planning one just to take an RFVC motor but finding it harder to find SLR's etc at a decent price (I've used up 6 of them this year!) so now thinking it would be better to make it large enough to take a different engine....either Bonnie....and possibly Transalp as well.
I don't need to come to Denmark though, my workshop is on the Kent coast so you've probably heard it already!! Planning a few trackdays in the spring.....so going to have to do something about that....
1268424_orig.jpg 001 (2).JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts