Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As threatened, here are a couple of pics from my trip down through the Western Balkans. We went France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, back into Croatia, Italy, Corfu (why not ?), back to Italy then Nice to Calais on French Motorail (as we were running out of time) and home.

I bought the AT with the trip in mind and intended selling it as soon as I got home, but liked the bike so much I kept it and flogged my Hornet instead !

Did the trip two up with throwovers, small top box and tank bank. We were away for 30 days, I took 5 pairs of pants with me and bought 2 home unused !!! Only complaint was the seat (pretty common theme from browsing the forum). Put a cheap Sat Nav on the bike which was excellent; unfortunately I couldn't get the maps for Balkans.

The photo of my partner laid on the roadside is after riding from the German / Austrian border through Slovenia and onto Plivica lakes in Croatia in one day. It was a bit much in the heat on some not great roads but Ljubinia didn’t look like a great place to stay so we kept going……….the other snap was a couple of miles outside Dubrovnik, lovely city to visit……

Being a bit new to the touring lark, we both wore leathers. I've now invested in a decent cordora jacket.

Hope you like the pics.....wish my Twin was still that clean.....but they look good dirty dont they :?: :?:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice pics on the website !

Girlfriend is looking to do her test soon (long overdue) so hopefully our next trip will be with 2 bikes and a bit more space !

·
Registered
52 Posts
away for 30 days, I took 5 pairs of pants with me and bought 2 home unused !!! Only complaint was the seat (pretty common theme from browsing the forum).
Now there's a scary combination, 3 pairs of pants and a dodgy seat. Why do I have a mental picture of the starting grid at Brands Hatch? Ah yes, skid marks.......:eek:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clean underwear is vastly overrated !

Will see about posting some more pics when I get some time......project patio is currently winning :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts