Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trip Master works well until.. I put the lights on..

Anyone has any thoughts on the above problem? Even the parking light sets the Tripmaster dead until I put the lights off again.. it comes back to life after a couple of seconds.. Mind boggling.. I even removed all bulbs to understand if it was a power draw issue but still the same..

·
Registered
472 Posts
First thing to do is measure the volts across the tripmaster switched POS and neg. It's going to be a connection break somewhere causing the volts to drop.
It may be the neg going pos because of a poor neg connection.

Only a meter will tell you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wonder if you have corroded terminals in the multi plug block like I did, once you ask for more load by putting the lights on the connection may fail. Is your battery in good condition, does this happen with engine running and just on battery power? check both the internal connecting surfaces and also into the back of both blocks, mine looked ok but had a lot of corrosion where the green/red wire crimped the terminal, boiling water is a good way to remove the furry corrosion

·
Registered
175 Posts
had a similar sort of behavior on a tail light.. when the brake was applied while the indicator was on .. it would knock out 1 indicator
but the brake would work fine on its own, and the indicator would work fine on its own.. but not together
opened up the unit.. found a corroded terminal causing the voltage to drop, when they were both being used.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WD 40 in the Tripmaster plug resolved the issue - Seems corrosion takes its tall on 25 Ys old plugs..

Cheers guys for the heads up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts