Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Clutchup.co.za
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trip meter is acting a little weird as of lately. I could not pin point it, but this morning i discovered that It would only reboot with my dual beam HID kit on, when I start the bike. If they are off, it holds time and has no problem.

I doubt its a power thing, but what are the ods of the ballasts creating some sort of frequency when they are powering up the lights?

The biggest irritation is the flashin 1:00 when it restarts :/

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
How new is the battery? HID's do draw more power when firing up, try running the engine for a while before turning the lights on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Speak to an electronics bod, if it's a frequency thing then a capacitor across the power lead and another across the pulse input may sort it, the cost would be pennies and ten mins with a soldering iron, Problem is I haven't a clue what the capacitor value would be because it's 25 years since I did anything like this but I do remember that its not rocket science (!)

·
Clutchup.co.za
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, to switch them on after the bike is running will solve some headaches, but getting into that routine would be awful. 99% ill forget to put my lights on :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey Stev0

Did you end up resolving this problem?

Got the same thing happening with mine.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts