Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SteveR, CookingFat and I are thinking about embarking on another trip round France, in a similar vein to our escapade last year.

Provisional dates are 18th September to 26th September, so we don't miss the National.

We haven't made firm plans yet, but will pick a short, cheap crossing, camp (unless we get hit by very wet weather), with one or two meals out. We don't travel too fast nor too far, allowing time for plenty of photo stops (and brew ups in scenic lay-bys).

The route will most likely be a big circuit, taking in some of the highlights from last year's trip, but hopefully not too many of the same roads.

Anyone interested in joining us?

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just had a look at ferry prices. P&O is quoting £25 for a return crossing between Dover and Calais. Bargain!

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Interested, but funds and whether I get a job will dictate.

Can't commit just yet, but very very interested.

James, I have replied to your previous PM

Bob :thumbup:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
me me me me :D this is a MUST do this year (if ive got any money left after getting the bike back on the road).

deffo interested :thumbup:

will have to 'work' on the missus to get my brownie points.

Would the offer of luxurious chocolates and beverages on the way back for her work ???????????????????????

will keep you up to date.

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
hmmmmm, september? I wonder if I might swing a day or two off work & join you for a wee bit. I'll keep me eye on here & see where your route's going to tka you. James, I've PM'd :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
hmmmmm, september? I wonder if I might swing a day or two off work & join you for a wee bit. I'll keep me eye on here & see where your route's going to tka you. James, I've PM'd :thumbup:
I,ll second that Moon got to make more time to play so hopefully see you all in Sept:thumb:
Phil

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, of course. There are three of us with the dates pencilled in our respective diaries at the moment.

Once I get the June trip out of the way, I'll start the planning in earnest.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, of course. There are three of us with the dates pencilled in our respective diaries at the moment.

Once I get the June trip out of the way, I'll start the planning in earnest.
Be great, I'll start sorting out some childcare and a map...................where are we heading?:cool:

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I reckon six is the maximum size of the group, so yes, there's still room.

At the moment I only have a sketchy plan in my head, but it'll be broadly similar terrain to last year's trip.

Down the west or central France, up into the Pyrenees, then east a bit to the edges of the Alps and then north west back to Calais/Boulogne.

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Right, I spent a few minutes poring over a map this morning.

A very rough proposal for day 1 (311 miles):
Calais (or Boulogne)
Abbeville
Neufchâtel-en-Bray
Forges-les-Eaux
Gornay-en-Bray
Gisors
Magny-en-Vexin
Houdain
Nogent-le-Roi
Chartres
Châteaudun
Vendôme
Château-Renault
Amboise (there's a good Camping Municipal there)

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Day 2: (none of these are set in stone - just ideas for comment)
Amboise
Loches
Châtillon-sur-Indre
Châteauroux
La Châtre
Guéret
Pontovion
Bourganeuf
Eymoutières
Treignac
Tulle
Figeac
Villefrance-de-Rouergue
Cordes-sur-Ciel
Albi
Castres
Mazamet
Caudebronde

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Day 2: (none of these are set in stone - just ideas for comment)
Amboise....
....Caudebronde
Look kinda familiar :) You have planned on a few more miles/day to get South ASAP?

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Look kinda familiar :) You have planned on a few more miles/day to get South ASAP?
We didn't go through Amboise last year.

Come to think of it, we didn't go through Caudebronde either (shrouded by torrential rain and mist as it was!).

Yes, I thought we'd do it in two days, rather than three to give us more time to play in the southern sunshine (hopefully).

1 - 20 of 48 Posts