Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know how to change the km display to miles on the Tripmaster, the owners manual doesn't discribe how to do it but I've heard it's possible.
Appreciate your input please

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know how to change the km display to miles on the Tripmaster, the owners manual doesn't discribe how to do it but I've heard it's possible.
Appreciate your input please
I know it can be done i've seen other threads on here telling you how to do it, if i remember it has something to do with changing a resistor. Search the forum and you should find it

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I've done it in the past, bought an import which had a mile speedo but didn't notice the KM trip until I was at home.

The info's on the ATIC site, follow the instructions, it's easy enough.

Must confess though, due to not having a resistor I simply bridged the two points with a piece of wire, worked fine!

The bike's still runnong about in this area, won't say where but it's a black one with red in the @T decals! Tripmaster still working!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Ah, "AfricaJim" beat me to it... ;)

Read all about it:
ATiC - Honda Africa Twin Homepage

But beware:

>However, there is a small problem with this modification: If you press the "reset" switch while in speed mode, the tripmaster hangs. It needs a complete reset then, which can be done by pressing the clock adjustment (time and adjust at the same time) and everything returns to the normal condition. Additionally, the SPEED display doesn't switch to miles if you insert the resistor, which would have been an excellent option for bikes assembled with an km/h analog speedometer and imported to a mph country ... Perhaps this "techical lack" is the reason why the SPEED display is disabled by default.<

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks Guys.

Is the lock that is located in the black rack plate available as a Honda accessory please?

What is the silver wire square attatched to the under the seat used for please?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Ha ha! Firstly, the hanging won't affect you as you're converting to miles not constant speed.

Secondly, the lock's Honda, try David Silver!

Third, the square wire thing is the tank prop for holding the fuel tank up while you take the plugs out!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can you remember the resistor size please?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Foz,
Looking at the link to ATIC, am I correct in my understanding that you can either put a resistor into the speed or the distance but not both? I have a proper mph face on the original speedo, but mileometer is in km so I only really looking for a miles readout on the Tripmaster.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I simply dead shorted the terminals marked mile on the pcb, worked a treat! Maplins didn't exist up here in Scotland when I altered my trip!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Foz,Looking at the link to ATIC, am I correct in my understanding that you can either put a resistor into the speed or the distance but not both? I have a proper mph face on the original speedo, but mileometer is in km so I only really looking for a miles readout on the Tripmaster.
Just found a guy that will do this for me but need to know the answer to the above question please! Is it one or the other or can you do them both? Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi,
my uk africa twin,s trip master was clocking up the miles digitally in miles no issues now i had battery disconected for 20 minutes put the battery back on clock saying 1.00 flashing so reset the time ok, but the trip on the other side now shows 0.0km.
how do i get that back to miles.

cheers

rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts