Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I`ve got the next problem. My tripmaster works just fine when my bike is started, but when i leave it in cold weather, something under 15°C, when i restart the bike the trip computer resets. If outside is warmer the trip keeps all the data.
I`ve checked all the cables, the battery, fuses etc. everything it`s ok. I`ve tryed with a friends trip computer and it`s ok also regardless of the temperature, so there is something wrong with mine ...
Did anyone encounter this problem ? There is any solution to this ? :)

PS : I have a 93 Africa Twin RD07

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry for bringing up a thread that old but I have the exactly same problem which came up twice the last few days that the temperature has dropped.

Has anyone found the culprit since April?

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
Starting the bike will cause a voltage drop. This can be enough to reset the tip master if the battery is in a bad state, and a bad battery will always struggle more when it is cold, though I've only noticed it when the battery so bad that the bike struggles to turn over. So much so that it's hard to believe you wouldn't notice it.

On the other hand, it's even harder to imagine the electronics stop working at temperatures a but under 15 Celcius! Mine works down to around the lowest temperatures I've ridden the bike in (probably about -10 Celcius).

I suppose some tripmasters might be more sensitive to voltage drops??? You could maybe try charging the battery just before starting the bike, to rule it out...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I checked everything during the last weekend. It is not due to a voltage drop. The battery is in good condition. Also all the fuses, connections, lines are fine. There is current running all the way up to the tripmaster's circuit board through both the lines as should. The problem is in the tripmaster itself.

So I suppose some tripmasters might be more sensitive to cold!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts