Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new here and as a Africa Twin owner I need some help with the TripMaster.

Basically, I need to understand how the pair Tripmaster-Speed sensor work. I want to capture the pulse that the Speed sensor generates when the front wheel is turning without having the Tripmaster connected via the 6p connector. When I tried to do that with the connector disconnected I couldn't detect any signal form the speed sensor but when the connector was connected I could read a 4.7v pulse 12 times at each wheel full turn. I suspect that these two work as a pair and what I want is to make the sensor work without the Trip master.
Searchin the net I found the following image but I am not sure I understand how thigs work inside Trip master.

If anyone with electronics knowledge could explain to me how things work I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. Circuito_trip_grande.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
Eyeway, Strip your speedo down to this part: I think it will be a Hall-effect sensor and it needs to be powered up to function. The pulses are between Gnd and Whitw/blue. You can process it from there without having to power up the Tripmaster

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Piet for your reply. Yes, I believe it's a Hall effect sensor. I will try what you suggest and see what happens.

I will keep you posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts