Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all ! Any ideas on how I can carry a camera tripod on my 650 alp, I was looking for a top box to use for said purpose but I think Ive decided on the SW Motech Trax38 alloy box which, as it happens isn`t big enough to carry the tripod. Also while I`m here has anybody tried the aforementioned Trax (anygood ?). Cheers for any replies.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hello all ! Any ideas on how I can carry a camera tripod on my 650 alp, I was looking for a top box to use for said purpose but I think Ive decided on the SW Motech Trax38 alloy box which, as it happens isn`t big enough to carry the tripod. Also while I`m here has anybody tried the aforementioned Trax (anygood ?). Cheers for any replies.
Couple of straps should do the job or these light duty ratchet type strap's. :thumbleft:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I think my tripod actually fits in the pannier.

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
I don't have a tripod, should I feel inadequate?

I carried a folding baby's bed on the tralp a while back so I can't see a tripod being a problem...:thumbup:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
What are the tripod dimensions? ie if you were to fit a tube on the bike what size would it need to be for bore size and length?

ps would like to add as no one has done yet.

I am a tripod!

well the wife wished I was anyway and I am in my own mind so there!

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I just bungee mine across the back seat, its about 100cm collasped, I just have to remember its there.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Why not a monopod and a couple of straps - strap to almost anywhere and when you need a self standing support strap it to a fence or a post or the bike

·
Registered
130 Posts
look out for the tripod from LIDL
it come on offer (around £6) every so often.
it extends to about 1m and when condenced is about 160mm
it has standard thread and can take an SLR weight but not with large lens.
I have had mine nearly 2 years and it gets well hammered.
Stephen McG in Glasgow

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The problem with mine is I keep forgetting I have one.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Collapsed would be my first choice :)

Or ? open with a bicycle cape, to keep it dry :)

Or...with a wheel on the camera end and the feet clipped to your frame, doubling as a sidecar too ? :)

Endless possibility's although I haven't tested these three options, so I don't really have a le ....... tripod to stand on :D:D

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
my mate uses his bike. he has a RAM ball on his handlebars on his burgmann 650, to which he directly mounts his tilty panny thing off a tripod (head?) when he stops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts