·
Now on a BMW R1100RS.
952 Posts
Looking at the pictures from MCN, that probably is peg touching down. :lol:
Oh dear, but still not quite as low as a Harley though... :thumbup:

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
I have just test rode this new Triumph and although the bike has a stonking engine it was was let down by quality of finish and copycat looks.

The suspension was shown to be sadly lacking when ridden spiritedly along some of my favorite Buckinghamshire "B" roads, zero adjustment on the front USD's and a rear linkage that looks like it came from a 1990 kawasaki KLE500 did'nt help and though the engine did it's best to entertain i could'nt help wondering why Triumph had put such a revvy motor in what is supposed to be an adventure tourer ???.

Get your act together Triumph !!!!.

Conclusion:

For the money you have to pay for this bike i would at least expect;

1. Quality suspension components

2. An engine with sufficient low down torque to do the job without having to rev the spuds off it to get anywhere.

3. ORIGINALITY.........There are so many bits on this bike that have been copied from other manufacturers that it just ends up as a bit of a mish mash..........shame really.

Dont buy one....you'll only end up dissapointed.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The suspension was shown to be sadly lacking when ridden spiritedly along some of my favorite Buckinghamshire "B" roads, zero adjustment on the front USD's and a rear linkage that looks like it came from a 1990 kawasaki KLE500 did'nt help and though the engine did it's best to entertain i could'nt help wondering why Triumph had put such a revvy motor in what is supposed to be an adventure tourer ???.

Get your act together Triumph !!!!.

Conclusion:

For the money you have to pay for this bike i would at least expect;

1. Quality suspension components

2. An engine with sufficient low down torque to do the job without having to rev the spuds off it to get anywhere.

3. ORIGINALITY.........There are so many bits on this bike that have been copied from other manufacturers that it just ends up as a bit of a mish mash..........shame really.

Dont buy one....you'll only end up dissapointed.
Seems like you tried the same one I did
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/news/74749-triumph-tiger-800xc-review.html

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
:thumbup:.

I was completely disapointed Chris......never mind tho, eh !.;):D.
I rode it 100miles+ home from Hinkley and got off the bike and was in agony. I never wanted to get back on it again. I had to.

I went to meet Mudwiz and said the same to him when I got there. I hated it. But then I started putting it through its paces and realised it could do a lot of the things it was supposed to do. But the journeys between the good bits were uncomfortable.

If I had only had it that one day I'd have been very unhappy. I was lucky to have it for several days and to really try it out. I also rode another one so felt the difference once the suspension softens. But straight out of the factory I expected better.

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
I rode it 100miles+ home from Hinkley and got off the bike and was in agony. I never wanted to get back on it again. I had to.

I went to meet Mudwiz and said the same to him when I got there. I hated it. But then I started putting it through its paces and realised it could do a lot of the things it was supposed to do. But the journeys between the good bits were uncomfortable.

If I had only had it that one day I'd have been very unhappy. I was lucky to have it for several days and to really try it out. I also rode another one so felt the difference once the suspension softens. But straight out of the factory I expected better.
I had the same problems with the rider position, after a while i had pain in the small of my back. I have just read what you had written before and i completely agree. Two blokes of different size / shape etc and we both had the same issues with the bike ??. That has to be a major design fault !! ( no not us !, the bike !!) ;):D.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Two blokes of different size / shape etc and we both had the same issues with the bike ??. That has to be a major design fault !!
One of us tall, slim, attractive, and the other one called Stanbloke;)

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
That has to be a major design fault !! ( no not us !, the bike !!) ;):D.
Surely fixable with the use of risers, bar adjustment and seat customisation. During my test ride I didn't really notice a problem with the seat but then I did only have it for a couple of hours, I did however find I was stretching to reach the bars comfortably. We all make these little tweaks to make out bikes fit a little better don't we? no matter what bike we have:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I think it would be good if someone tested it against the 955i Tiger.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts