Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:rolleyes:

Oh come on - really :rolleyes: What were you thinking :D

But seeing as you're here, I know absolutely nothing, and I mean zero about websites so thought it was time I learned something.

Thanks to youtube instructional videos I had a go at building this.

Not there yet and needs a lot more work, currently just playing with layout, but what do you think?

It'll be mostly used as a bit of family inhouse entertainment as I have family scattered all over the world.

Ive got as far as getting some of the links to work.

Whatja fink then? Layout? Text? Pics? Good, Bad, annoying, indifferent? Any ideas, criticisms?

All feedback welcome - first time having a go at this stuff so actually stunned the pages are even on the web :D

www.alprider.com

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Rubbish:rolleyes:

well,i say rubbish.What i mean is,i have not looked yet:D:D:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Liked it Tom very professional if you fancy some GeoCaching there are loads of the elusive little berstuards in SW where I train alot with the Mountainous rescuers :D:D

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Liked it Tom very professional if you fancy some GeoCaching there are loads of the elusive little berstuards in SW where I train alot with the Mountainous rescuers :D:D
That's a deal - we're systematically working our way west :D

That section will have info on what geocaching is, updates on the travelbugs and finds. Likely to be of zero interst to most but Ive now got the whole Irish contingent obsessed with geocaching so thought it might be worth a page :D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Work in progress.:thumbup:
It is a lot better than the one I tried. I found out that you need a life to get a really interesting web site.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Work in progress.:thumbup:
It is a lot better than the one I tried. I found out that you need a life to get a really interesting web site.
Thats the bit that worries me :( :D

Naw like I said, its to fill a hole in my education, and provide a bit of inhouse family amusement.

When Ive learned a few tricks and got it set up exactly the way I want to, I'll probably never look at it or use it again :D:D:D

Except to update the photo albums with those akward pics of my nieces and nephews they wish their mum and dads never took :D

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
two things - lets have an XRV.org geocaching day!

and i've foud that if you want a cool website, let the Mrs do it!

www.zelazowski-adventures.co.uk

still a work in progress!

p.s. nice site alps!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Have you built it with some microsoft product? Frontpage perhaps? It doesn't work on a Mac.

I cannot see any pages except the blog, which is wordpress. The contact page opens an email OK

All I see is

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have you built it with some microsoft product? Frontpage perhaps? It doesn't work on a Mac.

I cannot see any pages except the blog, which is wordpress. The contact page opens an email OK

All I see is
That's all there is on a PC too. I suspect that the other pages haven't been developed yet. The Blog page also needs a link back (to Home). it's a start tho. Good luck.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The Blog page also needs a link back (to Home). it's a start tho. Good luck.
Ah !!! Yeah, forgot that - :D

alprider

One page done in the TLD section.

Motorcyclediaries then the longest day page.

They all seem to work (clickable) from the alprider.com pages, but if I put an individual address in like www.alprider.com/motorcyclediaries it doesnt work :confused:

But it works when like this http://www.alprider.com/motorcyle diaries.html

I cant seem to get rid of the %20 ??!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
%20 is computer code for a space. If you want to get rid of it you need to save the page either as motorcyclediaries.html or motorcycle_diaries.html.

Looking good :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts